PDA

View Full Version : MIKE HAS MANGE, MAY HAVE MORE SERIOUS ISSUES

MrsMJS
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I need my day job back!!! I am sorry to be posting another thread but today was pretty frustrating!!! We have been treating Mike with the Ivermectin for the mange, and with cipro for the possibility of infection from his nose incident, but today his problems went another route!

I noticed fresh blood and dried blood on the lower part of his nose...then when he was trying to eat his pecan with cipro he struggled...using the side of his mouth. I tried to get a pic of the inside of his mouth but couldn't get my camera to focus. I was able to lay on the floor and look at his mouth...I think his top front teeth are broken..or gone???? Not sure??? He wouldn't eat avocado...only lick off the leftover almond butter/tahini mix on the blocks...I just kept giving those to him...he would drink the "liquid immune barrier" water we have for the wilds in a bowl and then look in the window for more almond mixture.

When we first saw him a few days ago we thought he was having a problems eating a peanut because of his nose issues...now we are concerned with blood on the block and on some apple pieces we put out.

(He is to old to fall out of a tree??? Car nipped him???)

Not a good day....I walked up and down the street to find him this evening...hope he comes tomorrow. Plan of action with food...cook a sweet potato soft and add a little molasses, soften some carrots and califlower...also, I ground up some Growth Block and mixed it with Almond Butter/Tahini and have that ready....any other suggestions or comments??? I will do what you think I should..this is tearing me up!!!! :(

Have some pics...but they don't really focus on his issue...:(

Squirrel Girls Mom
07-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh, dear Lord, this just made me burst into tears!! Poor Mike. I have no idea what is going on, but I'll try to find someone to help. :(

SammysMom
07-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Poor guy...any chance of bringing him in for treatment? Boo balls might help. Crushed up blocks with almond butter and Cipro?

MrsMJS
07-02-2013, 10:02 PM
We have no vets here with squirrel experience, much less with teeth issues (if that is what it is). Praying he is here tomorrow, all I can do is feed him good foods!....so helpless. Maybe I could trap him, but then what??????

Nancy in New York
07-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Boy this is a tough one.
Ideally, he should be looked at by a vet. Without any upper teeth, I think his days would be numbered, as he
will not be able to eat, and the bottom teeth will overgrow.
Are his eyes alright, why do they look greyish to me in the photos?
Am I seeing his pupils too? OR perhaps I am seeing reflections.
He easily could have fallen. I have seen squirrels fight so viciously and chase
each other right up a tree only to come falling down at the same time, and then
right back up the tree again. They can be VERY territorial.
If you see him tomorrow try to get some head on pictures of him.
I know this is difficult, I really have no answers.
Let me think on this some.........poor baby.
Glad he has you to watch over him.

Nancy in New York
07-02-2013, 10:06 PM
We have no vets here with squirrel experience, much less with teeth issues (if that is what it is). Praying he is here tomorrow, all I can do is feed him good foods!....so helpless. Maybe I could trap him, but then what??????

Exactly.....then what.
We need to get a plan before you do this.
Perhaps someone close to you has a vet that will see him.
It would have to be the same day that you trapped him though,
stress can kill, and with him getting over mange, he is already compromised.
I'm not sure how you are going to give him a good look without trapping him
and taking him somewhere.
UGH!

astra
07-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Exactly.....then what.
We need to get a plan before you do this.
Perhaps someone close to you has a vet that will see him.
It would have to be the same day that you trapped him though,
stress can kill, and with him getting over mange, he is already compromised.
I'm not sure how you are going to give him a good look without trapping him
and taking him somewhere.
UGH!

maybe, if there is no vet found, at the very least: feed him, let him sleep all his wants, meds for potential infection?, observe at least until the teeth grow back? teeth usually take about 3 weeks or so to grow noticeably. And if no infection sets in, depending on what's going on with teeth - take it from there.

His teeth may grow back just fine and then - release.
And if teeth do not grow back - by then a solution will come
:dono :thinking

island rehabber
07-02-2013, 10:18 PM
soft foods and easy access to fresh water is what he needs right now. I worry if you trap him he will further mangle his mouth trying to escape. Poor guy! :(

SammysMom
07-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Oh goodness...poor Mike...:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

MrsMJS
07-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Gonna look at some Boo Ball recipes to try on him...want him to come here for FOOD! Will also try to get some head on pic tomorrow! (Have to clean the glass on the french doors,,,the camera tries to focus on the spots!) Any other suggestions (food or otherwise) would be welcomed. We have never had much luck with wilds eating anything from Group 1 or Group 2 on the Henry's Diet List. Avocado, grapes, and apples...that's about it.

SammysMom
07-02-2013, 10:46 PM
I think boo balls that i made were 50g each fv dry, crushed blocks and crushed nuts. Micro 20g coconut oil until liquid and add that and one small jar of baby fiod fruit. Plums were what i used. Mix it up even tho its very soft and put in fridge for 5 hrs or overnight. Roll into balls the size of a small hazelnut.
You can add the cipro into one and give that first. Maybe more nuts in that one to be sure it gets eaten. :grouphug

SammysMom
07-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Add almond butter or nutella if he needs more enticement.

astra
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Gonna look at some Boo Ball recipes to try on him...want him to come here for FOOD! Will also try to get some head on pic tomorrow! (Have to clean the glass on the french doors,,,the camera tries to focus on the spots!) Any other suggestions (food or otherwise) would be welcomed. We have never had much luck with wilds eating anything from Group 1 or Group 2 on the Henry's Diet List. Avocado, grapes, and apples...that's about it.

wilds will rarely if ever eat the Healthy Diet for Pet Squirrels :).
Why would they? they have so much more fun and delicious assortment all over them.

BUt some wilds will eat some of the following:
1. belgian endive
2. peeled cukes
3. blackberries
4. mango
5. blueberries
6. bananans
7. pommegranate kernels
8. brussel spouts (surprisingly, one or two at least picked them up and tried, don't remember it long-term, though)
9. raspberries
10. orange pieces (peeled, though)
11. arugula and water-cress (sometimes)

Try different things and see what yours will eat.
But don't expect them to eat a lot of greens, b/c they have tons of wild ones.
What they will eat is mostly fruit and berries. But for them it's ok to have more than a pet squirrel's allotment of two small pieces per day because they expend more energy and can afford extra fruit.

Don't know your set up and what he will allow you to do, but
you could also make FV and stir some natural almond/hazelnut butter (roughly 2:1 ratio) - it will give enough of nutty flavour and taste to entice him to eat.
But again, how feasible and doable it is will depend on his trust and your set up.

But if he eats BooBalls - that should cover a lot of his needs.
Just not knowing his injury, it's hard to tell whether even softer texture of BooBalls will be ok on his bleeding gums. If his gums are really raw and sore, even softer textures may feel harsh.
again - a lot of observing will be needed

MollyBear361
07-02-2013, 10:54 PM
poor guy definitely needs some help

MJS
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Are his eyes alright, why do they look greyish to me in the photos?
Am I seeing his pupils too? OR perhaps I am seeing reflections.

NANCY...I BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING ARE REFLECTIONS, NOT PUPILS. (EVA WENT TO CLEAN THE WINDOW.) WE WILL CONCENTRATE ON THE FOOD FOR NOW AND CONTINUE WITH THE CIPRO. TOMORROW IS ALSO HIS LAST SCHEDULED IVERMECTIN DOSE. IS THERE ANY PROBLEM WITH MIXING THE TWO TOGETHER ON THE SAME PECAN? WE MAY NEED TO TRY REVOLUTION ON THE MANGE WHICH HASN'T IMPROVED AS MUCH AS WE WOULD HAVE EXPECTED, IF AT ALL. IS THERE AN ORAL VERSION? IF SO, WE MAY BE ABLE TO PERSUADE OUT VET TO GIVE US SOME, NOT SURE.

IR...AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOUR CONCERN ABOUT TRAPPING NOW.

ASTRA...TRAPPING MAY ULTIMATELY BE OUR ONLY OPTION, BUT AS NANCY SAID, WE'D BETTER HAVE A COMPLETE PLAN IN PLACE FIRST. WE ARE GREATLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE ISSUES THAT HE HAD TODAY...HE SEEMS TO BE REGRESSING. I HOPE THAT WE CAN HELP HIM THROUGH THIS BY MAKING SURE THAT HE CAN EAT, RECOVER FROM THE MANGE, AND AVOID INFECTION. WE'LL SEE WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS.

SammysMom
07-02-2013, 11:00 PM
There is always pecan ensure. Maybe a small dish of it?

MJS
07-02-2013, 11:05 PM
ASTRA...JUST SAW YOUR LIST AND WE HAVE HAD SOME SUCCESS WITH SEVERAL OF THE ITEMS ON IT. WE'LL KEEP TRYING...WHATEVER WORKS!!! TOO BAD HE'S NOT A HAND FEEDER. THAT WOULD MAKE IT SOOOO MUCH EASIER!!!

MJS
07-02-2013, 11:08 PM
There is always pecan ensure. Maybe a small dish of it?

GOOD CALL ON THAT...GOT A SIX PACK IN MY EMERGENCY KIT :crazy WE'LL TRY THAT TOMORROW!!! :thumbsup

sid'smommy
07-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Im sure you already know this, but I seen some food suggestions, and thought I better say it : No citrus! ouch :( Everything else on the list looks great tho .. :)

MJS
07-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Im sure you already know this, but I seen some food suggestions, and thought I better say it : No citrus! ouch :( Everything else on the list looks great tho .. :)

THANK YOU...I KNEW THAT (SOMEWHERE IN THERE) BUT HADN'T THOUGHT OF IT YET :thinking

MJS
07-02-2013, 11:39 PM
poor guy definitely needs some help

I HOPE WE CAN GIVE HIM SOME MOLLYBEAR...SAW SOME PICS OF WINSTON EARLIER TODAY. JUST LOOKED AT SOME MORE. HE'S SOOOO CUTE!!!

Squirrel Girls Mom
07-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I agree that if you trap him he will further injure his mouth trying to get out. If his teeth have been knocked out they will grow back. If you see that his bottom teeth have way overgrown we can deal with that when he's feeling better. In the meantime, I'd just give him as much ripe avocado as possible. It's got lots of calories and fat, will not sting any wounds in his mouth, and will coat his tummy for his AB's. I like to mix meds in Simply Fruit. You know, the jams & preserves sweetened with only fruit juice? They LOVE that stuff. Blueberry or cherry. Give him the jam/meds first thing, then the avocado.

:Love_Icon :grouphug :Love_Icon
Georgia

MJS
07-03-2013, 10:24 AM
In the meantime, I'd just give him as much ripe avocado as possible. It's got lots of calories and fat, will not sting any wounds in his mouth, and will coat his tummy for his AB's. I like to mix meds in Simply Fruit. You know, the jams & preserves sweetened with only fruit juice? They LOVE that stuff. Blueberry or cherry. Give him the jam/meds first thing, then the avocado.

:Love_Icon :grouphug :Love_Icon
Georgia

THANKS SGM...WE HAVE AVOCADO READY FOR HIM. WE ALREADY MIXED TODAY'S DOSE WITH THE PEANUT BUTTER AND MOLASSES...MAY TRY THE SIMPLY FRUIT TOMORROW. I WONDER IF HE'D JUST LAP IT UP. HE HAD A DIFFICULT TIME WITH THE PECAN THAT THE MEDS WERE ON YESTERDAY.

TubeDriver
07-03-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't have any advice that has not already been suggested. I do think your plan of getting hime food laced with meds and then reassessing the teeth issue is a good one.

Poor Mike! :( This has been a horrible last month, so many of mine and other's squirrels have been hurt.

Good luck Mike! :grouphug

Jackie in Tampa
07-03-2013, 10:43 AM
poor little mouth...hope he continues to come get hand outs...
get well Mike!

MrsMJS
07-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Little Mike update.... Mike didn't come to the house yesterday until late...I watched for him ALL day! He did take his meds. :nurse
I can't get him to go for the avocado??? :thinking He would rather struggle with a peanut!!

Mike visited much earlier today...I thought he didn't look as bright. Again, wanting to struggle with a peanut instead of softer foods. Also, when he comes it seems like every other squirrel in the neighborhood show up too! :Squirrel Hard to get meds in him with everyone wanting their turn on the nuthouse or plate!

Overall, he is really pitiful. I've tried to see what is going on with his mouth but can't figure it out. Marty picked up the ingredients for the Boo Balls, I'm going get some ready tonight...hopefully he will be begging for them!! :peace

Here are some pics from yesterday and today....rain does NOT help Mike's appearance! :eek: :eek:

Thanks again everyone for your input and help!!! :bow MUCH MUCH appreciated!

SammysMom
07-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Poor guy...they look pathetic on a good day in the rain. He looks a sight...:shakehead Poor guy! :grouphugMike:grouphug

JLM27
07-04-2013, 09:10 PM
It's mating and molting season, so a lot of them look totally awful.

Did he have a swelling on the top of his nose? Is that looking better?

MJS
07-04-2013, 10:38 PM
HEY JLM27 AND SAMMYSMOM...I THINK THAT MIKE WAS A LITTLE IMPROVED OVERALL TODAY. HE SEEMED TO MOVE AROUND OK, HELD HIS OWN WITH THE RIVALS, AND HAD LESS TROUBLE EATING TODAY ALTHOUGH HE'S OBVIOUSLY NOT RIGHT. HE GOT HIS FINAL IVERMECTIN DOSE YESTERDAY...HIS MANGE SEEMS TO BE IMPROVING...HE'S NOT SCRATCHING AND THERE SEEMS TO BE VERY FINE FUR BEGINNING TO GROW WHERE THERE WAS ONLY PINK SKIN BEFORE. HIS NOSE LOOKS BETTER TOO...EVEN THOUGH THERE'S A NEW SCAB, IT'S SMALLER AND NOT AS THICK AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY AND IT'S NOT INTERFERING WITH HIS BREATHING LIKE BEFORE. NO SWELLING ON THE TOP. WE'RE STILL NOT SURE ABOUT HIS TEETH...I THINK THERE'S A TEETH OR JAW ISSUE. WE WILL CONTINUE THE CIPRO FOR A COUPLE MORE DAYS THEN SEE WHERE WE ARE.

JLM27
07-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm glad Mike is feeling better. Mating season is really hard on them.

TubeDriver
07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Poor Mike. :(

I hope he continues to get better. The WildBite is a healthy snack with vitamins. :thumbsup. Peanuts are like crack for squirrels, they can't say no.

In one of your pics, you can see top and bottom teeth.

Thanks for taking care of him!

MJS
07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
:wave123 HEY TD...MIKE SHOWED UP EARLY TODAY. GOOD SIGN, IMO. I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE TOP TEETH...THEY'RE HARD TO SEE IN THE BEST OF CIRCUMSTANCES AND THE WAY HE EATS, ALL HUNCHED OVER LIKE HE DOES, IT'S JUST HARD TO TELL. HE STOPS CHEWING EVERY SO OFTEN TO COUGH/HACK, DON'T KNOW. IT'S LIKE "ACK ACK ACK" REAL FAST...THEN HE GOES BACK TO EATING. HE'S MOBILE, BUT SLIGHTLY UNCOORDINATED ALTHOUGH HE STILL HOLDS HIS OWN WHEN APPROACHED BY ANOTHER SQ. I'M WONDERING IF THERE'S A NEURO ISSUE. JUST GUESSING NOW. WE'RE GOING TO TRY BOO BALLS (ALREADY REJECTED THE SOFT VERSION), BLUEBERRIES AND CHERRY SIMPLY FRUIT (SUGGESTED BY SGM). TRYING TO GET ANOTHER WILD BITE IN HIM WITH MEDS (CIPRO). ON THE BRIGHT SIDE...HE'S CHEWING BETTER, HIS MANGE IS MUCH IMPROVED TODAY...NO SCRATCHING, AND HE WAS UP AND ABOUT BRIGHT AND EARLY. THANKS FOR CHECKING ON HIM.

astra
07-06-2013, 12:32 AM
:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

TubeDriver
07-06-2013, 05:23 AM
It sounds like he is slowly getting better.:thumbsup

The mange treatment, the food, the Cipro that you are giving him should really help. The rest will be up to his amazing squirrel healing power. :wave123

:wave123 HEY TD...MIKE SHOWED UP EARLY TODAY. GOOD SIGN, IMO. I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE TOP TEETH...THEY'RE HARD TO SEE IN THE BEST OF CIRCUMSTANCES AND THE WAY HE EATS, ALL HUNCHED OVER LIKE HE DOES, IT'S JUST HARD TO TELL. HE STOPS CHEWING EVERY SO OFTEN TO COUGH/HACK, DON'T KNOW. IT'S LIKE "ACK ACK ACK" REAL FAST...THEN HE GOES BACK TO EATING. HE'S MOBILE, BUT SLIGHTLY UNCOORDINATED ALTHOUGH HE STILL HOLDS HIS OWN WHEN APPROACHED BY ANOTHER SQ. I'M WONDERING IF THERE'S A NEURO ISSUE. JUST GUESSING NOW. WE'RE GOING TO TRY BOO BALLS (ALREADY REJECTED THE SOFT VERSION), BLUEBERRIES AND CHERRY SIMPLY FRUIT (SUGGESTED BY SGM). TRYING TO GET ANOTHER WILD BITE IN HIM WITH MEDS (CIPRO). ON THE BRIGHT SIDE...HE'S CHEWING BETTER, HIS MANGE IS MUCH IMPROVED TODAY...NO SCRATCHING, AND HE WAS UP AND ABOUT BRIGHT AND EARLY. THANKS FOR CHECKING ON HIM.

Unikorngrrl
07-06-2013, 06:00 AM
:thumbsup:wave123

Fireweed
07-06-2013, 11:14 AM
:grouphug

MrsMJS
07-07-2013, 09:32 PM
:wave123:wave123:wave123 Thanks for checking in FW!

Have an update on Mike....fortunately he is a frequent guest on the deck, so we have been able to keep an eye on him. Yesterday he was here early, but not multiple times. He seemed better, still hacking and struggling to eat/swallow (takes him sooo long to eat anything).

Today, he was a registered guest on the deck!!! Many visits...and he ate soooooooo much better! YES, avocado, grapes and pecans I would throw to him, few peanuts. :thumbsup As for my Boo Balls...grrrrr :pissed :pissed Total rejection! All the other squirrels liked them though! WTH??
The girls (Venus and Serena) even love them...so much love, Mike, was put into those balls! Show a little appreciation please! :nono

Anyways, he is doing better, looking a bit better too, but still has the issue with his mouth. Another scab has formed and is loosening near his nose. Mouth issues/teeth issues...not sure. :confused:

Here are some pics from the past two days...

Always! :thankyou everyone!

MollyBear361
07-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Thanks MJS. Winston is a handsome boy. Mike looks a little better. Hope he keeps coming by on schedule to get his meds. :grouphug

Squirrel Girls Mom
07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
How's Mike? Has he been home lately? I've been worrying about him.

MollyBear361
07-12-2013, 10:18 AM
:wave123 Mike, how are you????:poke

MrsMJS
07-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Hey Squirrels Girl Mom and MollyBear361!! :wave123

I hadn't posted because either Mike wasn't here or I missed him...(been gone from the house, closing up a storage building filled with basically....crap..:dono) anyways, I was pretty certain Mike was not coming back...so negative. On Tuesday when I saw him it was pretty bad (to me), his nose is all gunked up again and he "wheezes" when he breathes. It was hard to take pics because he wouldn't stay around while he was eating. Well after Tuesday I had given up hope...:hurt, I hadn't seen him for two days. :( :(

Halleluiah!!!!! He was here today!! :multi:multi:multi:multi Got some meds in him. He ate some grapes, passed up my Boo Balls, but I gave him some pecans and a block with almond butter. He is "wheezing" so bad! His breathing is with effort, yet he still is a spry little guy. I don't get it???

Nose is still, scabby and gooey...if that makes sense. His mange looks much better! :)

Could he have a infection within himself...cold?? Or is it nose damage?? I am at a loss!

Unikorngrrl
07-12-2013, 09:22 PM
:multiI'm glad that you got to see him and give him some meds.:multi I don't have any answers for you though...sorry... :grouphug

TubeDriver
07-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Keep trying to give him Cipro. Poor guy, I am worried about him. Hope you can help him!

MrsMJS
07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey gang! Been awhile..lots to do before school takes over.

Also, I finally feel much better about Mike! I kinda went through a frustrated depressed stage worrying about him. I thought he was never getting better...actually looked up and down the street anticipating seeing him at the base of a tree. He REALLY looked pretty bad even with the Cipro. We originally thought it was a tooth issue...well, now we think some of his nose was bitten off??? Just a guess.
Mike is eating much better, has the spunk that squirrels have...lookin' good!! Now we just have to conquer the mange!:eek

Here are some pics...thank you everyone for caring and helping Mike out!!!!! He would let you "scritch" him if he wasn't constantly living on the edge of something happening!...lol! :rotfl:rotfl

jbillings
07-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Yay Mike!! So happy to hear he's doing much better!!:Love_Icon :thumbsup:Love_Icon

MollyBear361
07-24-2013, 09:57 PM
he looks so much better :thumbsup but that poor nose! Is he going to be ok with that nose in the future? Can he breathe out of it at all? :Love_Icon

MJS
07-24-2013, 10:20 PM
he looks so much better :thumbsup but that poor nose! Is he going to be ok with that nose in the future? Can he breathe out of it at all? :Love_Icon

WE HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY BREATHING PROBLEMS IN THE LAST FEW DAYS...NOT LIKE BEFORE. HE SEEMS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!! WE ARE SO RELIEVED AND HAPPY TO SEE HIM AS HE IS NOW. WE REALLY DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD MAKE IT. WE WILL WATCH HIM CLOSELY FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS (IF POSSIBLE) TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO SETBACKS. WE LOVE MIKE AND HE KNOWS WE ARE TRYING TO HELP HIM...PRETTY COOL, REALLY. :tilt

MollyBear361
07-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Magic Mike is lucky to have you guys!! :Love_Icon

MJS
07-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Magic Mike is lucky to have you guys!! :Love_Icon

THANKS...I HOPE WE CAN HELP HIM GET THROUGH HIS 'ISSUES'!!! :thumbsup

farrelli
07-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Great job! He looks so much better. :Love_Icon

Unikorngrrl
07-25-2013, 12:16 AM
OMGoodness...his nose looks TONS better!!! YAY!!! You'll get the mange, that's minimal in comparison to his poor little nosey!! :Love_Icon

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-25-2013, 05:56 AM
I make little balls out of FV and mashed sweet potato with Henry vitamins. Mash into Very thick paste.
When block is not eaten, cuz she gets tired of it, this works for me. After you roll them up into pieces, you can freeze them. You could add your Antibiotics to them. You can make them with anything he like
FV and almond paste
FV and nutella
anything

Jackie in Tampa
07-25-2013, 06:21 AM
:thumbsup he looks so much happier!

Squirrel Girls Mom
07-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Look at that healed nose!! What a relief!! I always have compassion for ailing critters, especially squirrels, but for some reason Mike's seemingly hopeless situation just pierced my heart. Ya'll saved his life for sure. :bowdown :thankyou

Fireweed
07-25-2013, 08:39 AM
He really does look so much better. Good job, Mr and Mrs MJS! :bowdown

WE LOVE MIKE AND HE KNOWS WE ARE TRYING TO HELP HIM...PRETTY COOL, REALLY. :tilt
VERY cool. :grouphug

TubeDriver
07-25-2013, 09:15 AM
You saved Mike! :thankyou:thankyou

He looks so much better! :)

MrsMJS
08-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Some recent pictures of Mike...he is doing well. He had his last dose of ivermectin. Looking good!!! Nose looks completely healed!!! I think he's a success story. He seems so much better!!! :thumbsup

TubeDriver
08-02-2013, 11:37 PM
:thumbsup:grin3:crazy

MJS
08-02-2013, 11:48 PM
:thumbsup:grin3:crazy

THANKS TD...HE'S BEEN AROUND THE LAST TWO OR THREE DAYS NOW...HE REALLY IS LOOKING SO MUCH BETTER!!!

MollyBear361
08-03-2013, 12:31 AM
:Love_Icon

Unikorngrrl
08-03-2013, 12:55 AM
YAY!! Glad Mike is looking better!! :thumbsup :Love_Icon :grouphug

MrsMJS
08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
I wanted to update the thread on Mike....:grin2 Marty and I are all smiles! Mike is so much better...a normal looking squirrel now! :thumbsup When he was sick all he would eat is pecans...now that he is well he thinks he should still get them with a gooey mess of meds! Little Brat! :grin3

He shows up just about every morning. Eats some pecans, avocados and grapes...gripes at the other squirrels and heads out to wherever?? :thinking

Here are some pics of before and now. :wott

MollyBear361
08-12-2013, 10:11 PM
:thumbsup

farrelli
08-13-2013, 12:05 AM
He used to look so sad, sick, and defeated, now he looks great again. Good job!

Unikorngrrl
08-13-2013, 01:04 AM
Oh wow!!! Mike looks GREAT!!! YAY!!! :jump :thumbsup

TubeDriver
08-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Mike looks great! :thankyouthank you for caring for him, you did a wonderful job!

MJS
08-13-2013, 06:52 AM
:thankyou :thankyou :thankyou TO THE MANY TSB MEMBERS WHO HELPED WITH MEDS, DOSING INFO, ADVICE, SUGGESTIONS, AND PRAYERS. I LOVE YOU ALL. :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

MIKE

island rehabber
08-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Look how handsome he is! Awesome job, MJS's and everyone who helped them!
I will put a copy of this thread in Special Ailments, under Mange, should we want to refer to all this great advice again. :thumbsup

Squirrel Girls Mom
08-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Hurray!! Ya'll just rock!! :thumbsup Mike looks wonderful!! Here's to Mike's long & healthy life!! :beerchug

Nancy in New York
08-13-2013, 08:35 AM
This little one looks like a whole different squirrel.
Thanks to both of you, his life is now a happier and
healthier one.
Nice job you guys! :grouphug

Fireweed
08-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Awesome job, guys. Mike looks so much better. :bowdown :grouphug