PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pics in the upgraded TSB

Skul
06-21-2013, 06:33 AM
There is a new and different look to the upgraded version.
This is just a short run-down of how it's done.

First, you have to hit "reply"... then...
You begin by clicking on the "paper clip" shown in the icons above.... or the manage attachments button in the optional area.

A window such as this pops up. Click on "add files".

You then get this window. Click on "select files".
(A new window pops up so you can find and select.)
You can select several files to upload by just using "ctrl" (control) *click

After selecting, hit "upload files", and wait till it's done.

When upload is complete, they show in the lower window. Now hit "Done".

You will then be returned to the main reply page.
Click on that paper clip again, hit "insert all", and you get this.
Notice how the attachments are strung out. You need to separate them into their own lines. (add a space, makes them easier to see)

Final result looks like this.
As with the old way, you can also add spaces and text between the pix.

Nancy in New York
06-28-2013, 01:39 PM
WOW fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much Skul.

stosh2010
06-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Wonderful Guide... Easy to follow... ---Thanks Skul...

option: at the "DONE" command...you can also click [Insert Inline] and your selected photos will be sent to your posting page... Click It Only Once and the Insert box gets a DARK BORDERto alert you that the photos were sent--..if you click it twice--it will post the same photos 2 times in your message.

JLM27
06-28-2013, 02:29 PM
My problem is in Windows 7 there is no fast way to reduce picture size. You have to run each one through Paint.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
06-28-2013, 03:00 PM
that's what I do:thankyou, long processes but......
Thanks skul, I will try this

Skul
06-28-2013, 05:30 PM
My problem is in Windows 7 there is no fast way to reduce picture size. You have to run each one through Paint.
I believe that's true with any version. Win 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, whatever you have.
A second or third party photo editor is the way to go.
I believe Windows Photo Viewer, also has that ability.
Another that I'm aware of is Picasa. I thinks it's free, and might be worth a look.

Now that I'm thinking about it. I seem to recall earlier versions of Window Photo (picture) Viewer, may have had that.
The more I think about it, the more I think I've seen it.
Anybody?

Skul
06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Wonderful Guide... Easy to follow... ---Thanks Skul...

option: at the "DONE" command...you can also click [Insert Inline] and your selected photos will be sent to your posting page... Click It Only Once and the Insert box gets a DARK BORDERto alert you that the photos were sent--..if you click it twice--it will post the same photos 2 times in your message.

I haven't noticed that or tried it.
Does it automatically add the pix to the reply, or do you still have to add them manually? (as with the "attach all"?)

Skul
06-30-2013, 06:34 AM
I tried Stosh's, suggestion about using the "insert inline" button.
Worked perfectly. All files are automatically put in the body field. :thumbsup
Much easier than using the "done" button.

Charley Chuckles
06-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Yep I was going to say I hit the insert inline as well :thumbsup:thumbsup:D and I figured it out all by myself, can you believe it, what's happening :dono:rofl4:rofl4:rofl4

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-13-2013, 09:04 AM
OK I get what you guys are doing, BUT...
when I open my pictures I get every picture every taken !!!!!
even the ones I have deleted and two and three of the same picture, just never the ones I am looking for
I also have windows 7. I change each one to the proper size through paint, but then it just disappears.
I have tried by date, by name .............I give up.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-18-2013, 08:19 AM
OK I get what you guys are doing, BUT...
when I open my pictures I get every picture every taken !!!!!
even the ones I have deleted and two and three of the same picture, just never the ones I am looking for
I also have windows 7. I change each one to the proper size through paint, but then it just disappears.
I have tried by date, by name .............I give up.

Nobody has this problem???? No one can help me????
I can't give up ..I want to continue to post on Peaches thread but what the point with out pictures?
I have been battling with this since the format changed.
I know I have nothing to offer as I am not on much any more but I do want to still be a part of this board. I need help with this.
Please.

CritterMom
07-18-2013, 08:50 AM
SSM, are you clicking "ADD FILES" first (upper RH corner)? That should bring you to a drop down where you can go to your own files and just select the new pics you want instead of every pic you have ever downloaded. It actually then works like the old system, except when you select to put them in line, you can then add spaces between the pics, add captions, etc.

Click "Add Files" as soon as you select attachments and see what happens.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Me thinks I did it...............

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-18-2013, 04:02 PM
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I finally did it,,,, Hope I can remember how next time.
Let's go swimming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stosh2010
07-18-2013, 04:43 PM
NEW ISSUE---------
When I am typing my message I can edit the text easily and quickly---
and my curser moves as fast as my touch pad can go....

BUT-------

once I attach a photo---EVERYTHING GOES on the FRITZ...
My computer becomes ULTRA slow --with 10-15 second delays between clicking and gettig ANY RESPONSE.
It will not smoothly scroll down to "SAVE" or "SUBMIT REPLY "
If I click on the DOWN ARROW...after about 15 seconds the screen will JUMP down, but not smoothly.

IT ONLY does this AFTER I have added photos.
Has ANYONE had a similar "PAIN-IN-The-Butt" reaction ??

Skul
07-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Stosh, are you waiting long enough for the pix to upload?

stosh2010
07-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Stosh, are you waiting long enough for the pix to upload?

I assumed it was instantaneous.....I will have a CUP OF COFFEE... next time I post photos....
HA !

Charley
07-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Hi this is Charley I asked how to post pics well I am using a tablet will someone please tell me how to go about it using a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet? Thanks so much

Jackie in Tampa
07-30-2013, 07:11 AM
I loath anything new.... chance is not always good, so I went back to the old style upload, thank you nana3...:thankyou:thumbsup
no more question marks etc for JIT...
:grin

stosh2010
07-30-2013, 07:37 AM
NEW ISSUE---------
When I am typing my message I can edit the text easily and quickly---
and my curser moves as fast as my touch pad can go....

BUT-------

once I attach a photo---EVERYTHING GOES on the FRITZ...
My computer becomes ULTRA slow --with 10-15 second delays between clicking and gettig ANY RESPONSE.
It will not smoothly scroll down to "SAVE" or "SUBMIT REPLY "
If I click on the DOWN ARROW...after about 15 seconds the screen will JUMP down, but not smoothly.

IT ONLY does this AFTER I have added photos.
Has ANYONE had a similar "PAIN-IN-The-Butt" reaction ??

I am still experiencing DELAYS between clicking on something and the computer responding---VERY VERY annoying. --but it occurs--- ONLY after I add the photos

Charley
07-31-2013, 11:03 AM
This is Charlotte when we first rescued her.
As she started getting older!

Im so glad I finally figured this out! I have to go to work but will post more current pictures this evening!!
Thanks Charley's mom(Liz)

Charley
07-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Wow I didnt know they were going to come out so big and backwards. Sorry will someone tell me how to make them smaller.
Also the wound on her little arm is where the crows injured her which there is no longer any sign of it at all!!

Jackie in Tampa
07-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow I didnt know they were going to come out so big and backwards. Sorry will someone tell me how to make them smaller.
Also the wound on her little arm is where the crows injured her which there is no longer any sign of it at all!!I don't how to tell you to resize them... but I was able to and posted them in Charley's Welcome thread!
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?41512-Hi-my-name-is-Charlotte-but-you-can-call-me-Charley!

cute cute cute!!!
looking forward to more pics and updates!!!:Love_Icon

LR
10-05-2017, 09:34 PM
This is the tree that Ruby fell out of.

Squirrelly Joe
03-18-2018, 04:20 PM
Dear Skul,

We have been attempting to post photos since we first came on board in December, with no success. We read the thread about uploading pictures, but we don't have any of the features you refer to--no "Paper clip", no "Optional Area", no "Manage Attachments", etc.

Can you please tell us how to get there--maybe we don't have the "Upgraded Version" of TSB?

Please help! Squirrely Joe

TubeDriver
03-18-2018, 06:41 PM
The easiest way I have found to post photos is to use a photo website (Smugmug is what I use) and I just pate the photo link here and it loads.

Dear Skul,

We have been attempting to post photos since we first came on board in December, with no success. We read the thread about uploading pictures, but we don't have any of the features you refer to--no "Paper clip", no "Optional Area", no "Manage Attachments", etc.

Can you please tell us how to get there--maybe we don't have the "Upgraded Version" of TSB?

Please help! Squirrely Joe

We <3 Droops
04-28-2021, 05:41 PM
Has anyone ever reported issues with the photo not uploading? I was able to successfully upload 2 photos, but now, only a few days later, I keep trying to upload a third photo but after selecting the photo and clicking "upload", the wheel spins for about a minute then disappears and that's it. No photos appear in the attachments box like they did with the first two photos.
Any thoughts? Is there a size limit? This photo is 37mb.

Thanks!