PDA

View Full Version : Is this Molting Normal?

KathleenNYC
06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Question, Wort (almost two years old) is molting. But the molting on his right side is much more pronounced than his left side and now he seems to have two bald spots that developed in the right side molting. Last night when I checked him, it seems as though two matching spots are developing on the left side?
Is this something to worry about?
The rest of his fur is fine, tail is ok too, maybe a little thinner, but still full and fluffy.
His diet is two henrys blocks in the morning, full bowl of a variety of Healthy Diet Vegetables (varies weekly), in the evening when I get home from work and he comes out to play he gets either a plain block or spoon of yogurt with FoxValley or the block crushed up to thicken it; and then when it is time to go back in his cage a bed time either a whole nut in the shell or a piece of fruit.
He drinks plenty of fresh water every day. His behavior is normal; active, playful, curious and affectionate.

206293 206294
206298 206299

SammysMom
06-13-2013, 05:40 PM
It looks a lot like Sammy's molt "bustle". I don't think it is anything to worry about...:grouphug

KathleenNYC
06-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks SammysMom
Even the bald spots? they are not red or irritated... just bald?

SammysMom
06-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Sam had 1 bald spot too. Not to say that I am right. There are many more experienced members to weigh in...:grouphug

KathleenNYC
06-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks, it is reassuring. This has me a little freaked out...