PDA

View Full Version : Help with MBD complications needed ASAP

zoeetal
05-28-2013, 01:48 PM
I've been treating this 5-6 week old squirrel for MBD for a week now. She showed symptoms including tremors, dehydration, twitching, and muscle control loss last week and did really well on calcium supplements. She's been a great eater all week of Fox Valley formula into which I've been putting calcium carbonate powder (approximately 400mg/day). She was climbing, eating really well, moving about, and seemed generally on-the-mend.

Today she's much weaker, is crawling off her heat, her eye's are bulging and sticky, and her appetite has gone way down. She's had pretty bad, yellow diarrahea all week for which I got homeopathic remedy podophyllum 30c for her today and just gave her a small dose of it in 2mls of water. I also just gave her 3ccs of subQ fluids. This morning I began adding Henry's protein powder and vita-mins to her formula as well.

Any ideas on what she's dealing with and how to treat please? She's having what looks like tiny convulsions or twitching over her body about once per second now.

farrelli
05-28-2013, 02:11 PM
You should try giving her a bit of molasses. It has some nutrients which are good after seizures and the sugar might prevent them if they are due to low blood sugar. If no molasses, try another syrup or sugar source.