PDA

View Full Version : Mustard coloured poo

Starfish
05-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok, so one baby seems to have gooey white-mustardish poo. What do I do?

Sweet Simon's Mommy
05-22-2013, 07:17 PM
could be over feed, how old is the baby and what are you feeding it.

Unikorngrrl
05-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Ok, so one baby seems to have gooey white-mustardish poo. What do I do?
Very well could be overfeeding as SMS said. get instructions on feeding them. I know 5-7% of their body weight is what they are supposed to get. You're still on the GM formula awaiting FV correct?

astra
05-22-2013, 07:22 PM
from your other thread you said that they repeatedly eat more than 7% right?
So, it very well might be overfeeding.
Try to cut down on the amount of formula (don't let them go beyond 5-7% of their body weight) and see if it clears up.

Depending on how severe the poop is, you may have to just hydrate for one feeding (sort of flush the system) and then start formula but sticking to 5-7%.

Unikorngrrl
05-22-2013, 07:24 PM
from your other thread you said that they repeatedly eat more than 7% right?
So, it very well might be overfeeding.
Try to cut down on the amount of formula (don't let them go beyond 5-7% of their body weight) and see if it clears up.

Depending on how severe the poop is, you may have to just hydrate for one feeding (sort of flush the system) and then start formula but sticking to 5-7%.
Thanks Astra <hagh> I didn't know what to tell her to do next!! You helped me meet my "learn something new everyday" goal today!!! ;)

Starfish
05-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Yes, I've started with cutting down. Is there anything else I should do?

astra
05-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks Astra <hagh> I didn't know what to tell her to do next!! You helped me meet my "learn something new everyday" goal today!!! ;)
oh, I am learning every day myself from all the collective TSB experience ;)

Starfish
05-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Oops, I had missed that last line Astra. Thanks!!

Unikorngrrl
05-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Per Astra above "Depending on how severe the poop is, you may have to just hydrate for one feeding (sort of flush the system) and then start formula but sticking to 5-7%."

astra
05-22-2013, 07:29 PM
no, for now just cut down and see if poop clears.
If it doesn't, try hydrating for a feeding and then back to formula.

if the poop persists like that for several days even after you cut down on formula, it may have to be addressed differently