PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a flying squirrel:)

Flyingsquirrelee
05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
I've been looking everywhere for a flying squirrel. I have been begging my parents for one, and they finally caved in;D. I will adopt one. Or buy one. It doesn't matter what gender or what age. Please email me at
lins-325@hotmail.com. Thank you!!!!:D :thankyou :thankyou

farrelli
05-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Have you looked on Craigslist? It seems that flyers show up there pretty regularly. Btw, if you do get one, I hope that you come back here to learn all able how to take care of them. It's a big commitment and they take a lot of time and special care. If you don't get their diet right, they won't live long, and if you don't pay them lots of attention and allow them a lot of time to play outside of their cage with you, they'll be very unhappy.

MollyBear361
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Geez, don't I know it!! I left my guys for one night this weekend and had my son care for them. They didn't get to come out for one night and they are STILL pouting about it and won't come to me. Sigh.... They definately have feelings and temperments....
If you do get one (or two) off of CL make sure you see them and that they are tame or you will be very unhappy. My first rescue off of CL was not bonded not very tame and I am still working with him months later. I love the little guy and I knew what I signed up for...If you are looking for the sweet, always want to be on you kind of flyer, make sure that is what you are getting. You CAN bond with them later somewhat but it is much much harder and not the same and takes a LOT of work and patience on your part.
Please read about correct care and diet. People will tell you they are the same as sugar gliders and its not true. Also, may want to get two so they can keep eachother company if you aren't going to be able to spend an enormous amount of time with them. Good lUck!

Flyingsquirrelee
05-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Thank you guys :). I have been researching things like what kind of diseases they get. I'm ready to get one and I spend a lot of time at home so I Guarantee that they will be out of their cage with me! I appreciate y'all responding!! :goodpost