PDA

View Full Version : Question on feeding

Brinnygirl
05-21-2013, 02:24 PM
So my lil squirtle is 7 weeks now, I have been feeding him goats milk formula mix, 12-15cc 4 times a day and 1 night feeding. I have been using a 10cc slip tip syringe because that is what I had on hand. I ordered fox valley, and received it today, (formula, 3cc slip tip syringes, catac nipples) and he did not like the nipples. I did not have a nipple previously I had been using the syringe tip only. Is there harm in using a smaller o ring syringe with no nipple? Or should I keep trying to get him to use it. I went smaller to better control flow. Also, he didn't take to the FV formula right away. He only took 6cc. I will try again later and hopefully he will be hungry and do better. I am very experienced in hand feeding however I don't want to risk aspiration. :thinking

farrelli
05-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Are you transitioning to FV or did you abruptly change? Usually it's 75% GM, 25% FV for a few feedings, 50/50, 25/75, then full FV.

I think some people never use nipples at all.

Brinnygirl
05-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Ok I did abrupt, ill mix then. :sanp3

Oops wasn't thinking there, just so excited to try FV !

Earth Mama
05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
I am no expert, by any means, ( I'm literally a newbie) but my little ones didn't like the nipples the first couple feedings either, and now they love them. I found that if I heat the nipple up along with the formula, it made it easier. The first time, I just slipped it on after the formula was warm and they didn't like it. Now, they love them and I find it is easier on their little mouths. :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

Brinnygirl
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks ill try that!:thankyou :thankyou :thankyou

Brinnygirl
05-24-2013, 10:46 PM
He likes the nipple now! I cut the end off, to allow more flow what he's used to and to size it to him, and it went great! :thankyou :thankyou :wahoo