PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Just Saying Hi

Rachael430
05-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Hello Everyone. I've been reading the info on TSB for a few weeks now, but finally decided to register in case I'd ever need advice!
I currently am housing an adult (possibly Neuro) Eastern Grey, who for the time being is called "Charlie".
I unfortunately lost my first baby, "Foamy" recently to MBD, which I was too late to catch.
I'm no rehabber, just a squirrel lover who's glad I'm not the only one who loves these furry critters! :]
-Rachael

SammysMom
05-04-2013, 09:14 PM
:Welcome Rachel! So sorry about Foamy. You did learn the importance of a good diet though so Charlie is on the right track. Did you get HHBs for him?

Rachael430
05-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Charlie's only been with me for the day, and I was not even entirely sure he'd be able to eat solids at all.. So all the good stuff will be picked up tomorrow!
Earlier this week, he was hit by a car, and (having never had a Neuro) I assumed he had more brain trauma than he does. So we're down to what I believe to be (thanks to TSB) an ear infection causing a head tilt and some balance issues, and a gnarly concussion, causing fatigue which can put him into a somewhat Narcoleptic state. But he's a bit on the older side, so maybe the outside isn't the best place for him. I also believe he was hand raised, or has at least had lots of human contact before me, as he is so calm and docile, even in the scared and hurt state that he was found in.
Thanks for the reply!

Grinderhead
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
:Welcome I to found one hit by a car.I took him to a rehabber she said He was so sweet for the first few days.Then he remembered he was a wild squirrel.:sanp3 Look out fingers.

Rachael430
05-04-2013, 09:52 PM
And I'm hoping that what I said above about the Ear infection and concussion isn't just too much optimism.. Right? I'd really like to think that Charlie will be able to recover, at least to a certain extent. I'm not in a very squirrel friendly region, so he's "on the low" for now. I would just like for him to be comfortable, and happy. It seems he's at least comfy for now, though I'm sure he'd much rather be out and about than in a cage. I'll be sure to do what I can for him.
All advice is welcome. Thanks again!

Rachael430
05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks Jack, Charlie seems so tame, not like a squirrel at all. That's why at first I was sure he was beyond all hope. He's not a little guy either, and could easily tear me apart if he wanted. But he's super chill, but I'm still cautious. Losing fingers doesn't sound fun to me! haha

farrelli
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
If you think it's an ear infection, are you giving him anything for it?

Rachael430
05-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Haven't had a chance to get anything yet, since its the weekend
He needs Cipro, right?

farrelli
05-05-2013, 02:43 PM
He may need ear drops too. Please start a thread about it in the non-emergency section so that you can get more help.

Rachael430
05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
:thankyou Farrelli!

I have a thread all about Charlie, "How old is my adult grey?" :)