PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm, Jacob!

pacoparrot
04-29-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm VERY interested in helping squirrels and other wildlife. I am fascinated by corvids too. I am from Pennsylvania, can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to legally rehab animals?

island rehabber
04-29-2013, 06:58 AM
:Welcome Jacob. Hoo-boy, you asked the Question of the Year. Apparently it is very difficult to get accurate info on how to get a wildlife rehabber license in PA. :shakehead Several members have been trying for awhile, and hopefully they will see your post and introduce themselves. In the meantime, glad you found us and you will find more stuff than you ever knew existed about squirrels on this site. :D

SammysMom
04-29-2013, 07:03 AM
:Welcome Jacob! Maybe this information will help you:
http://pawr.com/?page_id=166

CrazySquirrelLady
04-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi Jacob. Welcome to TSB

squirrelfriend
04-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Starting off by volunteering at your local wildlife rescue can help a lot too. you can help a worthy cause and learn at the same time. Whom ever you choose to volunteer for will probably know where you can go locally to get licensed.

keetz1205
04-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi Jacob,

For PA, the following are requirements BEFORE you take a written exam and have an in person interview with the game commission in Harrisburg.

1. 200 hours of volunteering under a PA licensed rehabber
2. Letter from a vet that is willing to work with your intake animals if needed and the letter also serves as a recommendation to the state that you're a good candidate
3. Two in-home inspections of where you'll be rehabbing
4. Written exam
5. Letter from the PA licensend rehabber you volunteered for.

Your best bet is to find a rehabber and volunteer under them. Since they have to be licensed, they'll be able to point you to all the correct (and sometimes hidden) offices online that you'll need to get in touch with.

If I can help - let me know.:)