PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Help Someone In St. Pet FL Area To Help With Release

Nana3
04-24-2013, 04:03 PM
I got two greys in about two weeks ago that are siblings. They are around 4 months old. The male has MBD and can't be released now if at all. I would like to find someone that has kids about her same age that could take her and release. I hate to release them alone, they don't seem to do as well around here...
She is a sweet little girl but starting to show her independence nicely..She is prime for a soft release starting now..
Anyone getting close to releasing that could take her?

edit: Sorry for the header...still getting use to this dang laptop...

Scooterzmom
04-24-2013, 09:05 PM
:bump

Trying to get attention to this post... wish I could help, but wayyyy to far. Best of luck :Love_Icon

Shewhosweptforest
04-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Ready for a road trip:) :thumbsup I'll meet ya half way:sanp3 Say SC,:dono :Love_Icon

Nana3
04-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks Scooterzmom for the bumb.. :grouphug

SWSF if I didn't have a house full of babies we would be packed and going...:rotfl would love to see GA and SC this time of year.

This poor little girl had such a rough start I hate to kick her out all alone. Here are a couple of pics from the first day I got her.
The cage is what they both lived in for 3 months and as you can see all they ate was wild squirrel food...no veggies nothing to climb on just a cloth sack hung from the top. The second picture is of Chelsea seeing oak branches and leafs for the first time. :Love_Icon:Love_Icon

ques96
04-25-2013, 07:32 AM
If nobody else can help I have a little boy single baby but he is only 11 weeks so he will not release for a while. If she is ready now for soft release I am not sure she would tolerate waiting. I have been watching this post hoping someone could help you out . I am in Citrus County about 2 hours away. Plus I figured if nothing else bump bump so others will see. :D

Jackie in Tampa
04-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Judy< I have a solo about the same age, actually two, and they do NOT get along... one of the girls has been renamed Piranna:sanp3 ..
she will be released alone..PERIOD!I should have bought Bandaid/Johnson & Johnson stock years ago, oye...

I am willing to try to unite them and release etc... there are never any guarantees that they will 'get along' at this age...:peace
if you have a spare cage that I can borrow just n case they don't I am willing to try!:thumbsup :crazy :D
we can meet at the pete side location if possible:)

on a good note... Twitch and George are doing great together...it took awhile...Twitch was bossy and George was reserved... but they are friends now and love each other... although she cleans his ears way too much in his opinion...poor guy...with shiney ears!:D

let's do it!!!:Love_Icon :alright.gif
I am officially full, but if they do get along, it will not put a burden anywhere..I am NOT taking healthy sqs at this time..bummer.

Nana3
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks ques96 for the offer. I hope to get her in the soft release mode real quick.

Jackie, the only extra cage I have right now is the double stacked Critter Nation which I have her in now. She has only had access to half the cage because Chance sleeps with her at night cause they get lonely. I don't leave him in there all of the time as he needs his rest and she loves to play with him.

If I can get my hands on another cage that I can put him in I will be more than happy to loan you the CN cage. He goes in a little cage like the one Twitchy came in from Kelly to eat and rest but gets board real fast when he is awake and chews the cage. I will check on Craigslist today and see if I can find something low with a larger footprint.

If I find one I can bring everything to you cause I have the truck and will only have to load the cage once...I'll get back to you in a few to let you know what I find. :grouphug and thank you for the help.:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Jackie in Tampa
04-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks ques96 for the offer. I hope to get her in the soft release mode real quick.

Jackie, the only extra cage I have right now is the double stacked Critter Nation which I have her in now. She has only had access to half the cage because Chance sleeps with her at night cause they get lonely. I don't leave him in there all of the time as he needs his rest and she loves to play with him.

If I can get my hands on another cage that I can put him in I will be more than happy to loan you the CN cage. He goes in a little cage like the one Twitchy came in from Kelly to eat and rest but gets board real fast when he is awake and chews the cage. I will check on Craigslist today and see if I can find something low with a larger footprint.

If I find one I can bring everything to you cause I have the truck and will only have to load the cage once...I'll get back to you in a few to let you know what I find. :grouphug and thank you for the help.:Love_Icon:Love_IconJudy I just remembered I have a cage... it's huge and put away so I forgot about it..
so we are cool to try... I am tough cookie and will allow them to be as vocal as they want... but will not allow anything more than a smack or two..I promise..a nuetral cage always works best... new stuff etc...
and I have all we need here..hugs Judy.. and thanks for getting her where she needs to be and Chance the help he needs too...yeah!
let's do this..ty, they both need each other...
also will try to make Chance a play mat... can be laid flat or hung ..
thick latyers with several peek a boos holes... can do it one big pocket or maze like... we will trial and error that..Smilie face here.

Shewhosweptforest
04-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Yay!!!! You guys rock:alright.gif awww and Nana3 I may have had to drive down if I'd known her name:grouphug that's my baby girl's name..well if 21 is still a baby...aw yeah she'll always be my baby:grouphug I'm sooo happy Chelsea will be visiting Squirrel Central..can't get better than that for a squirrel:thumbsup

ques96
04-25-2013, 10:04 AM
:jump So happy! Not that I minded helping out but much better scenerio with JIT :)

Nana3
04-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Thank you again for all the help!! :grouphug

Little Chelsea will be going to Sq. Central tomorrow to meet all the gang there. We are taking Chance along so he can meet Aunt Jackie and see where his sister is going. He may just say "Hey Mom, I'm staying here too!!! This is squirrel heaven!" :rotfl:rotfl

:pokeChance...you gotta go home with mom.. and keep doing your therapy :Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Nana3
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Yay!!!! You guys rock:alright.gif awww and Nana3 I may have had to drive down if I'd known her name:grouphug that's my baby girl's name..well if 21 is still a baby...aw yeah she'll always be my baby:grouphug I'm sooo happy Chelsea will be visiting Squirrel Central..can't get better than that for a squirrel:thumbsup

SWSF my baby turns 40 this month and like you said...he will always be my baby...big baby at 6'5" but still mine.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Shewhosweptforest
04-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Awww...isn't it funny when one day you wonder when you started looking UP at them:dono how'd that happen:thinking :jump great news for you and your guys!!!!

Shewhosweptforest
04-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Ohh and Nana3 :bowdown thank you for saving them....Chelsea from eventual insanity and Chance from certain death:bowdown Chelsea is beautiful:thumbsup Poor babies stuck in that small cage:shakehead I wish people would think:peace

Nana3
04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
It is always my pleasure to help these little babies.

I don't always blame the finders as they go to pet stores or feed stores and of course they are going to tell them to feed what THEY sell...not what is best for the squirrels then the finders think they are doing right.

Who we really need to educate are the pet and feed stores but I am sure they could care less as long as they make money. :shakehead

Thank goodness there are people like us to help, protect and LOVE them :alright.gif