PDA

View Full Version : When do you stop stimulating them to go potty.

Stephanie K Zon
04-09-2006, 04:05 AM
My littli baby girl has only peed a few drops in the last 36 hours is it any thing to worry about? my baby girl is about 6 weeks old.

MissDolittle
04-09-2006, 06:40 AM
I usually stop stimulating when they pee on me for the first time lolol. And
that usually happens around the time the eyes open. I don't think you have
a reason to worry about.

CliffordandDaisy'sDad
04-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Steph, both Clifford and Daisy needed 'help' long after their eyes were open. Clifford developed a little blockage and needed a warm bath Daisy had a little urinary tract problem.
A few drops in 36 hours is something I would worry about. Either she's not taking in enough liquid or she's got a little problem.
Will she go if you stimulate her?
Our state biologist, who has four pet squirrels and has raised tons of them, turned me onto cranberry powder. Works just as good on the kids as it does on us. She said urinary tract infections were common and has more to do with the puppy formula.

http://images.netrition.com/images/nw_cranberry_new.jpg

Stephanie K Zon
04-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Steph, both Clifford and Daisy needed 'help' long after their eyes were open. Clifford developed a little blockage and needed a warm bath Daisy had a little urinary tract problem.
A few drops in 36 hours is something I would worry about. Either she's not taking in enough liquid or she's got a little problem.
Will she go if you stimulate her?
Our state biologist, who has four pet squirrels and has raised tons of them, turned me onto cranberry powder. Works just as good on the kids as it does on us. She said urinary tract infections were common and has more to do with the puppy formula.

http://images.netrition.com/images/nw_cranberry_new.jpg Oh thank you I will run right out and get some just in case that is what it is I will try and put her in warm water next how do you tell if they are in the water? Where do I purshase this product? What would I do with out you guys . Oh and I want to say something else I guess I said some thing to hurt you and your little babys Belive me I aam so sorry if I did I thought the picture of the little squirrel with the leash around its little neck was a avdvertisement about how people try and make pets out of them for no reason I'm so sorry if I hurt you I know how every oneoon this site loves squirrels and have there best interest in mind and if you can keep one as a pet great god planed it but if they can go back with there friend that is wonderful I would love to ohave one as a pet but I would never want to take it away from it's freedom. If my little girl can't be let back to the wild I will keep her or find a great home for her if it isn't better than I could offer them I would find someone better. So please forgive me if I hurt you Stephanie Oh and thank you for comeing back with some feed back .:thankyou :bowdown

Stephanie K Zon
04-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I usually stop stimulating when they pee on me for the first time lolol. And
that usually happens around the time the eyes open. I don't think you have
a reason to worry about. Thank you Miss Dolittle . I hope your right she has had her eyes open for about 3or4 days now not very long they said to get cranberry powder so I will run and get some I don't drive so it will take me a minut to get there. But I'm praying your right that would be great not to worry about that.Kid of like when you get your kids trained to go potty yes no more dipers. Oh and what dose lolol mean? I keep seeing it. Thank you so much Stephanie

CliffordandDaisy'sDad
04-09-2006, 10:38 AM
No hurt intended, and no hurt felt. I guess you haven't been around squirrels long enough to know a "I'm a total spoiled rotten princess" look when you see one. ;)

One of our drug stores carries cranberry powder capsules, and the health food store carries it also.

rygel1hardt
04-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Stephanie Is it possible that she is urinating on her own in her nest or blankets? She is at the age when she should start to pee on her own and that just may be the case. It may even dry in her bedding before it becomes noticible. If you are certain that she isnt wetting her bedding then my next move would be to hydrate her better. I use fruit punch flavored gatorade or punch flavored pedialite in a syringe between feeding just give her a syringe full. She should start urinating more after a few doses and you can then discontinue it. If she wants more than one syringe full then give it to her til she doesnt want any more.

My littli baby girl has only peed a few drops in the last 36 hours is it any thing to worry about? my baby girl is about 6 weeks old.