PDA

View Full Version : Formula amount for Mimi

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Ok, I'm not sure exactly what or should I say how much I should do for Mimi. She is about 9 weeks..man already...and is 89 oz. So how many CC's should I feed her daily? I'm sorry to ask but I REALLY hate math, and I am pretty sure I was doing the math wrong.

ques96
04-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Not an expert but the general rule of thumb I have read on here is 5-7% of their body weight.

0.05 ×
--------------------------
4.45cc

0.07 ×
--------------------------
6.23cc

I am sure one of the experts will jump in and help with this. :)

Rhapsody
04-12-2013, 01:45 PM
The math is correct...... you should be feeding any where from 4cc to 6cc every 6 hours, with no night feeding. And dont forget to start the hhb blocks in the AM --then once your squirrel has accepted the hhb as part of its daily diet give vegetables through out the day...... and a few fruits & nuts for treats.

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
well she has already started to nibble on the blocks so that's good :) I need to order more though cause my dumb butt didn't read the BIG red letters that said refrigerate lol. Will do that in a min. Wasn't sure how much to do, so I let her pig out on 6cc's at her 12 o'clock feeding, she's full and happy right now. So next feeding will be at 6pm? Will that be it for the night or should I feed her again when I feed the pinky around midnight? Here is a pic or 2 of the set up she is in and let me tell you..she LOVES her hammock! The cage isn't the best but she needed something fast. I'm looking for something better.

mudmaiden
04-12-2013, 03:13 PM
89 oz or 89g ?

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 03:15 PM
lol good question let me check that again...she's going to grumble at me for waking her up lol.:rotfl

ques96
04-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't believe it is oz that would make it a five pound squirrel. :thinking

Milo's Mom
04-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Here is a cheat sheet I made for myself with regard to the 5-7% feeding guideline.

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 03:35 PM
ah yes..it's 89 grams and 3.10 ounces lol:shakehead

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Here is a cheat sheet I made for myself with regard to the 5-7% feeding guideline.

I just wanted to let you know I got one of those ADORABLE bonding pouches that was on your site, that and a double sided fleece blanket for backup :)

Nancy in New York
04-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Ok, I'm not sure exactly what or should I say how much I should do for Mimi. She is about 9 weeks..man already...and is 89 oz. So how many CC's should I feed her daily? I'm sorry to ask but I REALLY hate math, and I am pretty sure I was doing the math wrong.

Can you post a picture of her. Are you sure of her weight? For a squirrel that is 9 weeks, 89 grams is seriously underweight.
I think something is wrong with the weight, please post a picture.:thumbsup

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 05:29 PM
I got one up there of her sleeping but here is one that is about a week old..ish

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I need to take a recent one of her I guess..she looks like little butter ball a bit lol. When we got her she was undersize and small for her 4 weeks..well what we thought was 4 weeks anyways cause she had lots of fur but no belly hair and her eyes weren't open. She's growing by leaps and bounds every day it seems but she didn't really start packing it on till I took her off Esbilac and put her on FV. I didn't know they had changed the Esbilac but was quickly re-informed :) I need to feed her again at 6pm so I'll take one then.

Nancy in New York
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I need to take a recent one of her I guess..she looks like little butter ball a bit lol. When we got her she was undersize and small for her 4 weeks..well what we thought was 4 weeks anyways cause she had lots of fur but no belly hair and her eyes weren't open. She's growing by leaps and bounds every day it seems but she didn't really start packing it on till I took her off Esbilac and put her on FV. I didn't know they had changed the Esbilac but was quickly re-informed :) I need to feed her again at 6pm so I'll take one then.

OMG she is tiny for sure, not skinny, just a tiny little one. I wonder if she is a runt or something. How old is she in this picture?
Yes please take another recent picture, because she looks fantastic in the one you posted.

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
alrighty here are the ones I took tonight..and yes I think she was the runt...or tea cup lol. She's pretty rounded from eating lol

Nancy in New York
04-12-2013, 06:44 PM
OMG OMG OMG
She's a tea cup squirrel!!!!!!!!
She is the tiniest little 9 week old squirrel that I've EVER seen.
OMG she is such a little baby doll, I swear I think I'm in love!:Love_Icon

SammysMom
04-12-2013, 07:09 PM
What a dollie!!!:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

mudmaiden
04-12-2013, 07:09 PM
LOL Nancy...I was totally confused about the weight myself..thats why I asked earlier...89 oz seems way to big but 89g was too small...what a cutie!!!

Sabrina
04-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm loving that's she's tiny :) so adorable.

Nancy in New York
04-12-2013, 07:33 PM
LOL Nancy...I was totally confused about the weight myself..thats why I asked earlier...89 oz seems way to big but 89g was too small...what a cutie!!!
Hi sweetie, how are you? How's your beautiful daughter doing? Any babies yet, I mean squirrels not human...:D

I know isn't this little one such a tiny little doll? I am totally in love. :Love_Icon

mudmaiden
04-13-2013, 04:57 PM
My daughter is doing great...and yes 4 babies bout 6 weeks now:jump ...hope all is well by you guys...any babies for you????:Love_Icon

Nancy in New York
04-13-2013, 05:07 PM
My daughter is doing great...and yes 4 babies bout 6 weeks now:jump ...hope all is well by you guys...any babies for you????:Love_Icon
Not yet, I still have my overwinters, but they will be leaving soon. I think a lot of peeps don't have the little ones yet, it seems late. So glad that you have 4, they sure lucked out finding you! Please tell your daughter hello for me, she is one of the nicest girls I have ever met!

Sorry for the thread jack here....:baghead

But while I'm in your thread how is our little Mini Mimi doing today?

Sabrina
04-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Haha it's ok I don't mind really. She's doing great :) Eating very well..nibbles on the blocks but I gotta tell ya. She sure loves honey roasted peanuts. I only give her 2 or 3 sometimes, not all the time but she LOVES them. I wanted to ask though, what veggies do I give her?

Sabrina
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh and our little boy is starting to get a fuzzy head, it's so cute the way it starts with his nose.

Nancy in New York
04-14-2013, 02:49 PM
OK first I hate to tell you this, but peanuts are BAD for squirrels.
Actually all nuts are a no no until they eat their veggies really well, and then and only then do we give a couple. Otherwise they will get hooked on nuts and hold out for them when we offer veggies, so IF they eat everything, you can give a nut or two ONLY as a treat.
Here's the link to the Healthy Diet, look in the green section for the best veggies, they are the ones that have a calcium phosphorus ratio of 2:1, try to stay closest to that, look at the second link for those.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39275

Food Data Chart Update: Calcium to Phosphorus Ratios

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15397

I didn't know that you had another little one. Hold old is he? And where are the pictures, you know we LOVE pictures.....:D

Sabrina
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Haha yea, the little pinky that we took in about..hell..I've been doing night feeding for a while now it seems that the days are blurring together. He was barely a week when he was given to us. And now he's turning gray and sprouting peach fuzz already..oh man they grow fast it seems. Speaking of which, 6pm feeding time. Will take a new pic tonight and post in a min.

Sabrina
04-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Well...no more nuts for her then for a while..poor baby lol

Sabrina
04-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Here's the little one now :)

SammysMom
04-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Wow! That is a beautiful teeny tiny baby!!:Love_Icon

Nancy in New York
04-14-2013, 06:47 PM
When did you get that little peanut? :Love_Icon Is this the one you've had for a week? OMG how do you enjoy the night feedings?
WOW he is tiny. What's the weight on him?

Sabrina
04-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Yea that's the little one that we got about a week ago. The night feedings were very tiring at first but I snatch naps when I can and my husband helps out a lot when he can. I have to do the 9pm feeding now for both him and Mimi, put Mimi to bed and I'll weight him again to see where he is at. It seems to me that he's grown so much already in a week.

Nancy in New York
04-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Yea that's the little one that we got about a week ago. The night feedings were very tiring at first but I snatch naps when I can and my husband helps out a lot when he can. I have to do the 9pm feeding now for both him and Mimi, put Mimi to bed and I'll weight him again to see where he is at. It seems to me that he's grown so much already in a week.
Pefect, as long as he is gaining that is great!
He's precious!!!!!!!!

Sabrina
04-14-2013, 09:11 PM
alrighty, well he weights .95 oz and Mimi is a whopping (lol) 3.89 oz Granted these are both after feedings :)