PDA

View Full Version : lil bit, again very red swollen butt

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:03 PM
ok so here we go again. He has had diarrhea for four days now. I have been diluting 50-50 formula and water to keep him hydrated. This all started four days ago. He was pooping fine and acting just fine. Then all of a sudden he started getting diarrhea. It was yellow at first, then it changes to white and smelly. He became really lethargic this morning. He is eating just fine though 1.5-1.85cc per feeding every two hours. tonight his poops are back to being yellow but still runny as heck. I gave him a bath and cleaned him up. Now his tush has been on and off swollen since I had him on AB three wks ago. it's gotten really bad the last couple days since the diarrhea started and tonight after his bath a big scab came off and it looks like his butt is open and it smells so so bad. I know he is in pain. I don't know if I can do anything for him. I put neosporin on it but not sure if I can do anything else. He is almost 5 wks old and still only 28g(he was 16g when I got him 4wks ago) This has been an issue since we have had him. His brothers are over 50g as of today. I dont know if he has some other underlying issues bc he eats alot but is skin and bones. He also still looks like a pinky. Only fur is on his head and his brothers are filling in so much better. I know this is all over the place but I am worried because I don't know what to do.
I'm going to hop on my other computer and post pics. They aren't the best though. The pic with all three shows difference in size of him to the other two. he is on the right.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/trip20077.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/trip20030.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/trip20015.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/trip20011.jpg

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:08 PM
sorry i cant resize

Milo's Mom
03-25-2013, 10:17 PM
What AB did you have him on and how long was he on it?

What type of formula are you feeding?

Nancy in New York
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
I just resized, now I will go read.

island rehabber
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
What formula are you using?

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Fox Valley
He was on cipro for 7days but has been off it for two weeks

Nancy in New York
03-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Here is a weight chart that Rhapsody posted yesterday.

Healthy Baby Squirrel Weight -

Based on --Wild Mammal Babies 2nd Edition

Birth ---: between 15 & 25 grams

1 weeks: between 25 & 60 grams

2 weeks: between 60 & 70 grams

3 weeks: between 70 & 80 grams

4 weeks: between 80 & 120 grams

5 weeks: between 120 & 150 grams

6 weeks: between 150 & 250 grams

7-8 weeks: 250 grams and greater

*weight may vary depending how long the orphan baby squirrel has been away from mom and or food.

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:25 PM
I just resized, now I will go read.

Thank you and I apologize my camera wouldn't focus on it. but it is so red and swollen and looks like a big gaping hole. You also figure he has been sick since I got him for the most part. But he is such a fighter. On wed I will have had him four weeks and he was anywhere from two to nine days old when I got him. His eyes are still closed (brothers too) and umbilical fell off about five days after we got em. You figure he has only gained 12g in the four wks i've had him yet he eats and eats

island rehabber
03-25-2013, 10:26 PM
WHY are you feeding him every TWO hours?
His little system cannot digest food -- even the small amount he is taking, in two hours. Even tiny neonates cannot digest FV formula in two hours. The formula is sliding undigested through his body and that is why his poops have gone white and mushy. He is also starving for calories because he is not getting a chance to digest his food.

I will repeat this as many times as I can for everyone here: NO BABY SQUIRREL needs Fox Valley every TWO hours,. not even those who were born this morning.

Here's what I would do if he were my little one:

Give him a tiny drop of Kaopectate. This doesn't cure anything; it just stops the diarrhea for a few hours so his body can actually digest some nutrients. Then I would go to the following schedule:"

Full strength FV 32/40, every 4.5 hours working up to every 4 hours by tomorrow night this time.
IN BETWEEN those feedings you will give him hydration -- not PEdialyte, but a mixture of warm water and sugar to hydrate him. This is IN BETWEEN his every four hour feedings. If necessary tomorrow give him another tiny dose of Kaopectate. Again, it is only to stop the vicious cycle he's in right now.

You can bring him out of this, don't worry. Keep him warm and remember the hydration in between. We're here with you! :thumbsup

Milo's Mom
03-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Just to make sure...you said they are 5 weeks old and 2 of them weigh 50 grams and the little one is 28 grams?

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Oh goodness that poor little bottom! Is it actually prolapsed?

island rehabber
03-25-2013, 10:28 PM
BTW: he was 5 days old when you got him, if his umbilicus fell off 5 days later. (It falls off on the 10th day.)

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Here is a weight chart that Rhapsody posted yesterday.

I saw that and all my guys are way underweight. I feed them every two hours round the clock( a few days I accidentally slept thru my alarm and they went a little longer but now i have three alarms so I get up) This just makes no sense. We make great strides gettin lil bit healthier and then he goes way back. And weight gain is a major issue and has been from the get go. They are also western grays. I thought they were supposed to be bigger

Nancy in New York
03-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Here are two links that I think explain the same problem.
I myself am going to read these to see what to do.
The first one if one of Loopy's squirrels and the second, one of Anne's

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38958&highlight=prolapse

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20057

island rehabber
03-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Feeding too often is what got them in this condition. This is why they are not taking ENOUGH Nutrition at each feeding -- they are not given enough time to digest. I don't blame you, breazmai -- someone obviously told you bad information or you read bad info o n the internet. They should be up to every 4 hours by now, EASILY. But you can't do that all at once -- extend the feedings by 1/2 hour each time until they are up to 4 hrs. Little guy gets the in-between hydration.

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Did you see what Island Rehabber posted about how often you are feeding? It is likely the reason they are underweight. More less frequently even for the bigger ones I think. Correct, IR?

island rehabber
03-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Did you see what Island Rehabber posted about how often you are feeding? It is likely the reason they are underweight. More less frequently even for the bigger ones I think. Correct, IR?
Yes, they should all be able to go at LEAST 4 hrs between feedings now but the little guy needs hydration in between. They are not increasing their weight because they are getting little amounts and before they can digest them they're being fed again. NO "EVERY TWO HOURS" with Fox Valley! Even newborns can go every 3hrs.
Also: I'm not so sure this little guy has a prolapse. I have seen diarrhea babies with swollen, red anuses like that. It will subside once the GI issues are under control.

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 10:37 PM
This was posted by Jackie in Tampa abut another prolapse: This is only if it is in fact a prolapsed rectum. If it is just bulging from loose stool it is probably not needed.
if prolalsed, you must use sugar water paste to keep the tissue from rotting.. keep coating with a small arts and crafts paint brush until a shell has formed... paint and wait thirty minutes, paint again, repeat until shell and then can go for a few hours before repaint..
this is a must for prolapse..

Nancy in New York
03-25-2013, 10:39 PM
I am posting this from the Wild Babies Mammal Book

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/Bronx%20Babies%202012/Bronx%20Babies%20%20part%202%20%202012/MBD%202013/009.jpg

island rehabber
03-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Oh goodness that poor little bottom! Is it actually prolapsed?

The picture is too blurry to be certain but I don't think so.

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Just to make sure...you said they are 5 weeks old and 2 of them weigh 50 grams and the little one is 28 grams?

yes that is right. They were all sick with pneumonia and wouldn't eat. but in the last four days, they other boys gained quite a bit. mo was 35g and is now 50g. curly was 46g and is 52g. lil bit is skin and bones and it breaks my heart.

IR- i will do as you say. I didn't know not to feed them that often.

Sammysmom- I don't know if it's prolapsed. I have no clue what that looks like. I just know his tush smells awful today, I thought it was bc of the diarrhea.

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
You definitely want to use vaseline or KY to keep it lubricated. That is very tender tissue even if not a prolapse. If you stop the diarrhea it will give it an opportunity to go back to normal.

island rehabber
03-25-2013, 10:47 PM
breazmai, a wonderful member named SquirrelRefuge is in your state -- I am sending you a private message with her contact information. I encourage you to reach out to her in case you need medication or other help for these little ones.

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:48 PM
is neosporin bad to use on it? Reading about prolapse I don't think that is what he has. I will try and get a better pic of it. Also yes I was told two hours until they gain more. I know by now they should be going longer but I assumed since they were underweight that they should be fed more often(i didn't know)

breazmai
03-25-2013, 10:49 PM
breazmai, a wonderful member named SquirrelRefuge is in your state -- I am sending you a private message with her contact information. I encourage you to reach out to her in case you need medication or other help for these little ones.

I have her info. she actually mailed me some supplies a few wks ago. We have emailed back and forth too

Nancy in New York
03-25-2013, 10:50 PM

She's the one that alerted us to the Connecticut babies. Remember that Gayle, and you transported them to me....:D

Nancy in New York
03-25-2013, 10:51 PM
I have her info. she actually mailed me some supplies a few wks ago. We have emailed back and forth too

Fantastic, get a hold of her now.:thumbsup

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Bristol babies? That is right!!! I remember the lady who had 2 of them and had tried to release them. She saved them by contacting us!
This is a weird question, but does the smell seem like a feces sort of smell or more of an infection odor?

breazmai
03-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Bristol babies? That is right!!! I remember the lady who had 2 of them and had tried to release them. She saved them by contacting us!
This is a weird question, but does the smell seem like a feces sort of smell or more of an infection odor?

to me it is more of an infectious rotten smell. That is another reason I freaked out. It didn't smell so bad until the scab came off(i didn't know it was a scab either, I thought his poop had dried on his butt, that's y I gave him a bath in the first place)

Also just to mention as you really can't tell in the pics, he is literally 1/3-1/2 the size of his brothers. lengthwise, head size, not just weight. he is not growing.

farrelli
03-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Has anyone ever used hemorrhoid cream on something like this? It does reduce inflammation quite effectively.

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 11:10 PM
He is not getting any nutrients so he can't grow. Get that diarrhea to stop an that should change. Neosporin on his bottom is probably a good idea. Preferably ointment.
Is the scab returning?

Nancy in New York
03-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Can you get in touch with SquirrelRefuge?

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Hydration with sugar water between FV feedings is a good idea. Do you have the kaopectate?

SammysMom
03-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Oh definitely get in touch with SR!!!! My suggestions are for the immediate. If you can get SR to help you MUST do that!

breazmai
03-25-2013, 11:24 PM
Hydration with sugar water between FV feedings is a good idea. Do you have the kaopectate?

yes i do and i emailed sr will call in a few

o and yes the scab is returning

skippy
03-26-2013, 02:42 AM
I saw that and all my guys are way underweight. I feed them every two hours round the clock( a few days I accidentally slept thru my alarm and they went a little longer but now i have three alarms so I get up) This just makes no sense. We make great strides gettin lil bit healthier and then he goes way back. And weight gain is a major issue and has been from the get go. They are also western grays. I thought they were supposed to be bigger

I really want to see Lil bit and his siblings pull through.
This may help you see what a typical feeding and growth schedule would be for a healthy, thriving Western Gray.
Follow the advice given to you by IR and SR to get these guys stabalized and having healthy weight gain.
I wanted you to have this information for reference because there is a slight difference in the Eastern and Western Grays.

Here are the approximate weights and feeding schedule I use with FV formula for the WESTERN Grays. FV takes longer to digest which allows more time between feedings. There are also supplemental products like ultra boost and nutri-cal for adding calories without additional formula.

<2-3 weeks 30-60 grams 6x a day
3-4 weeks 60-90 grams 5x a day every 3.5 hours
4-5 weeks 90-130 g. (2:1 FV 20/50) 4-5x a day every 3.5 to 4 hours
5-6 weeks 130-150 grams 4x a day every 4-4.5 hours
6-7 weeks 150-200 grams 4x a day every 4-4.5 hours
7-8 weeks 200-250 grams 3x a day every 6 hours (begin solids)
8-9 weeks 250-300 grams 2-3x a day every 6-8 hrs (solids and nut
9-11 weeks 300-420 grams 2x a day plus solids and nuts
11-12 weeks 420-450+ grams 1x a day or weaned
12-16 weeks in a release cage Food and nuts 2x a day

I had 3 siblings last year where the smallest could not handle full strength 2:1 Fox Valley. He would have soft stools until I put him back on 3:1.
He was raised on that and is a healthy happy squirrel running free on my property. Everyone will be different and if one gets behind in weight, they may just stay that way. Be patient, get adjusted to your new feeding schedule with hydration as IR directed and get some more sleep yourself. :)
Sending lots of healthy, healing, happy thoughts and prayers for your trio.:Love_Icon

Scooterzmom
03-26-2013, 03:09 AM
Has anyone ever used hemorrhoid cream on something like this? It does reduce inflammation quite effectively.
I did use a small amount of Preparation H when Hami had a prolapse and it helped reduce the swelling within less than an hour and helped the redness/irritation disappear at the same time. You need something greasy so as to prevent that scab from always returning. It will make him feel muchmore comfortable not to have that dry scab there too.

Mind ya, Hami is an adult squirrel. On one that young, more experienced people would have to chime in. JMO but personally I would try a tiny drop of it, just rubbing it on the exterior of his little anus. It would surely bring at least some relief. Like I said, JMO.

As for the frequeny of the feedings & supplementing with hydration, I would surely follow IR's advice, breazmai. The little guy needs a chance to digest, and he needs rehydration to compensate for the fluids he lost during diarrhea. IR has lots of experience with very little ones like yours.

Such precious angels, all 3. :Love_Icon

SammysMom
03-28-2013, 03:57 PM
I am posting this for Breazmai who is having issues posting:
"he is doing so well. he is now 32g. he is gainin so much. total of 7g in a wk but 5 in two days. And his little right eye is popped open this morning. even his brothers' eyes are closed still...he is in alot of pain when he poops. I have to soak him in water bc his scab keeps hardening. That's y he is in pain. but the poops are normal finally and his bum is healing. I am including some pics of him and his brothers so you can see what they look like and the difference in size. but he is hopping around and no longer lethargic. I think it has been all my fault y he wasn't gaining. with the overfeeding and such.

I included two pics of each boy. You can see the difference in size too..unfortunately I can't get good pics of mo lol. he doesn't like the camera"
Pics are (2) Lil Bit (2) Curly (2) Mo

farrelli
03-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Have you tried a dab of Preparation-H? "Cools and soothes."

SammysMom
03-28-2013, 05:23 PM
How much do the other 2 weigh? They seem extremely thin to me...:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

breazmai
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Thank you Sammysmom for posting the pics and update for me.
Farelli, no I have been putting neosporin with pain reliever on it. It's just the scab keeps coming back and I have to peel it off every time he goes poop.
to add to the update- mo has gained 20g(55g) this wk and curly 12g(58g). I wish I had not been overfeeding them. They are doing so much better. Lil bit bounces around the container just like his brothers. He seems to not be sure about having one eye open. But he is so cute. I'm hoping he starts putting on weight a little quicker but 3g in a day is good i think. he is so cute though. This little 32g baby with one open eye just gets my heart pumping. Every day I am thankful that he is a fighter and my mistakes didn't make me lose him. Hopefully He continues to fight and maybe someday he will outweigh his brothers.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully here soon I can start posting and staying in the nursery forum lol

SammysMom
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Are you using Neosporin OINTMENT? It will help keep that scab softer than the cream does. Are their poops totally normal formed now? What color? A poop pic would be a good idea at this point.
BTW...you are very welcome!

breazmai
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Are you using Neosporin OINTMENT? It will help keep that scab softer than the cream does. Are their poops totally normal formed now? What color? A poop pic would be a good idea at this point.
BTW...you are very welcome!

it's the oily one. says ointment on it. I will get a pic of the poop next time he goes but yes it is yellow. Kinda on the harder side but still mushy enough i think. but ya u guys know better what it's supposed to look like so i will post a pic.

CritterMom
03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Try to find some EMU OIL. I order mine from ebay - best pricing I have found...it can be very hard to find locally though. I would send you some but it would be well into next week before you get it. One board member found some in a head shop! It has all kinds of healing properties you can google but it also is thinner than the neosporin and soaks in better - preventing that scab formation.

SammysMom
03-28-2013, 06:26 PM
If you can take a pic of the actual scab it might help us to know what is going on. Don't try to get too close to take the pic. It's easier to zoom in on the pic itself. Close tends to be blurry and hard to see detail.

Nancy in New York
03-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Did either squirrelsareme or SquirrelRefuge get a hold of you? I thought you were going to meet up so that an expert can help you out.
Please get in contact with Jackie, or Kathi, they will absolutely help you out.:thumbsup

farrelli
03-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Is peeling off the scab a good idea? They exist for a reason. Constantly removing them I would think could scar and cause permanent damage. Keeping it soft with ointment is one thing, but removing it from such an area I think could be bad. If the prep-H would shrink it, there would be less of a scab to deal with.

Skul
03-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Try to find some EMU OIL. I order mine from ebay - best pricing I have found...it can be very hard to find locally though. I would send you some but it would be well into next week before you get it. One board member found some in a head shop! It has all kinds of healing properties you can google but it also is thinner than the neosporin and soaks in better - preventing that scab formation.
Can't find Emu oil around here. Fixin' to go out and squeeze a chicken.

kastillo
03-29-2013, 12:17 AM
:rotfl
Can't find Emu oil around here. Fixin' to go out and squeeze a chicken.
:rotfl

How is the lil bit doing??

breazmai
03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
If I don't peel the scab back, he can't poop. I have been keeping it moist and soft but it still reforms. im postin a pic of his poop and i will post more pics today of him and his bum to show the progress. Nancy- yes I did get ahold of both of them. They have helped and are there if I need them. lil bit is acting like a totally different squirrel than he was and gaining weight. I will weigh him again today and if he doesn't gain, I will get ahold of Kathi so she can take him to the vet. But just letting you all know, both his eyes are open now. His brothers are still closed. He is hopping around as we speak and full of energy.
o and yes his poop looks like a pellet because of that scab. That is how he pooped it out and y I am trying to keep the scab away. It gets stuck because of it.

MollyBear361
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
how is lil bit??

breazmai
04-03-2013, 03:22 PM
lil bit is still with us. I found a vet to take him to here. We are not sure what is wrong with him, but he just is not gaining weight. He is a lively little squirrel that is tiny. The vet told me he has no parasites and cannot explain y he isn't growing like his brothers. He thinks that if they were still out in the wild, mama would have thrown him out of the nest to die. He told me to keep doing what I am, either he will start thriving or not. I am having a hard time because I don't want to have him suffer but he is fighting to live and he doesn't act like he's in pain. He acts happy. He runs around all over his brothers and eats and acts like a squirrel. He just continues to have problems though. His poops have normaled out even though he still has a scab on his bum, which is still causing problems getting his poop out. I soak him a few times a day so it softens up. He also is not gaining weight. He has been at 35g for a few days. he's a midget squirrel. I just don't know. His brother's are both over 80g now. But all three act exactly the same. It's weird.

farrelli
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
If he's just small, he may not be releasable, but if he's happy and active, I'd say he's got a good life. he's just got to have his little butt get better.

breazmai
04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
ya that's what I figured. Ill post some pics in a little bit of the boys. But lil bit is small and he is not gaining fat. That's what worries me but the vet says it's up to me what to do. I think since he's fighting, I want to fight for him. I just don't want him to suffer. It is up and down daily but we have more ups than downs lately.

Nancy in New York
04-03-2013, 03:44 PM
ya that's what I figured. Ill post some pics in a little bit of the boys. But lil bit is small and he is not gaining fat. That's what worries me but the vet says it's up to me what to do. I think since he's fighting, I want to fight for him. I just don't want him to suffer. It is up and down daily but we have more ups than downs lately.

Jackie in Tampa knows that member that contacted you. I think her name was Kathi. Please do not have him put down, call Kathi or Jackie from SquirrelRefuge before you do anything. Sometimes wildlife rehabbers see a lot more squirrels than vets do, and I would turn to them before I let the vet euthanize. Remember you can only euthanize once. :shakehead
:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

breazmai
04-03-2013, 03:50 PM
probably going to need to resize these. But here are the boys. The first two are curly and lil bit. They are buds. This is how they always sleep. Big brother taking care of little bro. Third is curly. The last three are mo. He always sleeps on his back. He has the cutest ears and the most beautiful coloring.

breazmai
04-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Jackie in Tampa knows that member that contacted you. I think her name was Kathi. Please do not have him put down, call Kathi or Jackie from SquirrelRefuge before you do anything. Sometimes wildlife rehabbers see a lot more squirrels than vets do, and I would turn to them before I let the vet euthanize. Remember you can only euthanize once. :shakehead
:grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

O i am not going to put him down. like i said he is a fighter and if he continues to fight, I will fight for him. If he goes downhill again, I will contact Kathi or jackie before a decision is made. He may just be a midget squirrel, I don't know. He was not much smaller than his brothers when i got him. He just isn't growing. He acts like he should, but I have to watch what he eats at this point. He can't handle full strength formula so I dilute it. He also has issues with the boost so I stopped that. He is my baby and we are just working to get him healthy and happy

Shewhosweptforest
04-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh my goodness they are so cute...thank you for not giving up on Lil bit:bowdown he's worth it and he's not giving up:thumbsup :thumbsup :Love_Icon

Nancy in New York
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
OK I just resized.
You can quote my post and all of the pictures will come out for you also, if you want to tell us who is who.....:D

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/curlbit.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/mosleep2.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/mo.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/moboy.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/curly.jpg

breazmai
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
OK I just resized.
You can quote my post and all of the pictures will come out for you also, if you want to tell us who is who.....:D

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/curlbit.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/mosleep2.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/mo.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/moboy.jpg

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/nancym518/A%20tsb%20images/curly.jpg

ok thank you.
pic 1- curly on top, lil bit bottom
pic 2,3,4- mo
pic 5 curly

MollyBear361
04-05-2013, 08:18 AM
fight, lil bit, fight! :grouphug

skippy
04-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Been praying for Lil Bit. Is he improving?

breazmai
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
I have a post in the nursery now for these boys. Yes he is doing much better. peeing and poopin on his own but I still stimulate to make sure. He is finally starting to gain weight 32g this morning. yes only gained 2g but that is alot for him since he was at 30g for so long. And he is starting to finally grow fur on his tummy and tail. He jumps around everywhere and is more "squirrely" than his brothers. He even barks and growls at them. He's eating 3cc per feeding.

TubeDriver
04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I have a post in the nursery now for these boys. Yes he is doing much better. peeing and poopin on his own but I still stimulate to make sure. He is finally starting to gain weight 32g this morning. yes only gained 2g but that is alot for him since he was at 30g for so long. And he is starting to finally grow fur on his tummy and tail. He jumps around everywhere and is more "squirrely" than his brothers. He even barks and growls at them. He's eating 3cc per feeding.

Yea! :) Picturing lil bit barking is making me LOL.

island rehabber
04-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Yaaaaay lil bit!! :wahooHope he keeps on getting bigger & stronger!

SammysMom
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
So nice to hear Lil Bit is feeling better and growing bigger!!!:Love_Icon

breazmai
04-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Yea! :) Picturing lil bit barking is making me LOL.

it makes me laugh when i see it. his brother will climb on him and he pushes him off then barks and pounces right on him. he may be a tiny little one but he is definitely feisty. he is also the first one to wake up and "alert" me when he is hungry. usually right as i'm getting everything ready to feed them anyway. He is on a pretty strict schedule for feeding and I think he just knows now when its food time. Also he is the only one of the boys that has top teeth already. Bigger ones don't yet. So that was funny to me

California Squirrel Lover
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I love Lil Bit!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon Praying he continues to do better. Cheering for you, Lil Bit!! :wave123

farrelli
04-08-2013, 05:41 PM
How could anyone expect anything other than a bit of a surly attitude from someone who starts out life with a bad case of hemorrhoids?

skippy
04-10-2013, 12:05 AM

:crazy That's wonderful news. I'll follow him and his brothers in the nursery. Stay strong lil bit. :Love_Icon