PDA

View Full Version : NJ Rehabber????

KB0313
03-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi guys I have been on the site before... last march when I found 3 orphaned babies and raised and released them. Now I am back with 4 new babies that were found, very very small. Pink no fur eyes closed probably 3-4 days at the oldest. I am currently pregnant and don't really know if its safe for me to be handling babies at this time. So I was wondering if there is anyone that would be willing to take and raise these babies in New Jersey. I will travel to bring them to you. Thanks

Kristin

Jackie in Tampa
03-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I have sent private messages to 5 members near you...
hang tight, someone will be here soon!
Thank you for taking them in, I am sure you know to hydrate and keep them warm.:thankyou

keetz1205
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
IF you can't find someone in NJ, I'm right across the river in PA (about an hour from Trenton).

rocky63
03-04-2013, 10:16 AM
kbo313 :Welcome back. there should be no problem that I know of with you handling the babies. Someone should be along soon and hopefully we can find a rehabber in NJ for you.
If you can't find one in NJ I have a stepson that lives in NJ and is coming home this weekend if you would like me to take them.

Jackie in Tampa
03-04-2013, 10:16 AM
thank you keetz.. I can vouche for this offer... Heather is wonderful.

keetz1205
03-04-2013, 10:17 AM
thank you keetz.. I can vouche for this offer... Heather is wonderful.
:thankyou :thumbsup

Jackie in Tampa
03-04-2013, 10:18 AM
kbo313 :Welcome back. there should be no problem that I know of with you handling the babies. Someone should be along soon and hopefully we can find a rehabber in NJ for you.
If you can't find one in NJ I have a stepson that lives in NJ and is coming home this weekend if you would like me to take them.:thumbsup
thank you
saw this thread sitting, so wanted to let her know we are here and working for her... thanks all... going back to work:wave123

Nancy in New York
03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
I sent her an email telling her that there is help on the board for the little ones.:thumbsup

KB0313
03-04-2013, 10:31 AM
ive been researching all morning and cant find much about pregnant women handling baby squirrels. If it isn't dangerous then I would keep them and raise them like I did the last 3. It was very fullflilling to watch them grown and let them back into the wild. I still see my babies every now and then in the yard and it makes me smile. I am totally willing and able to care for them so if anyone has any info on pregnancy and squirrels if its safe lol let me kno thanks for all ur help guys

Jackie in Tampa
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM
nancy, I have been contacted by a member that wants these babies..
I have her phone number, she is not too far from jackson... I will PM the number to KB...hoping they can make arrangements..:)

mudmaiden
03-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Jackie...I would love to...but I can't take pinkies until the summer..I work this time of the year. Have you contacted Ilovelucy yet...I work with her doing the rehabs. I can take any babies that are on a 5-6 hr eating schedule so please if anyone needs help with an older baby let me know!!!!....Margie

Jackie in Tampa
03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Jackie...I would love to...but I can't take pinkies until the summer..I work this time of the year. Have you contacted Ilovelucy yet...I work with her doing the rehabs. I can take any babies that are on a 5-6 hr eating schedule so please if anyone needs help with an older baby let me know!!!!....Margiethank you for fast response.. :thankyou :wave123
I did contact I love lucy as well... I called the entire calvary up there!:D

I Love Lucy
03-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I am out of town now but can take these babies on Thursday.

newsquirrelmommy
03-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Just saw this. I would take these babies if I could but I cannot right now. I hope someone can take them. Please keep us updated.

shellyb1018
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I wouldnt be able to help either, I wouldnt be able to feed 4 pinkies with my schedule. The Rehabbers I am aware of in this area are still far from Jackson, but I will be willing to call them, they do have designated people that will pick up the babies. (IF they are willing with the distance). Let me know, it seems a few members are willing to take them though. I would rather see a member take them, so they would be in the best of hands. :Love_Icon

island rehabber
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm always here if all else fails -- a few hours away but I'm here. :)

Nancy in New York
03-04-2013, 10:03 PM
ive been researching all morning and cant find much about pregnant women handling baby squirrels. If it isn't dangerous then I would keep them and raise them like I did the last 3. It was very fullflilling to watch them grown and let them back into the wild. I still see my babies every now and then in the yard and it makes me smile. I am totally willing and able to care for them so if anyone has any info on pregnancy and squirrels if its safe lol let me kno thanks for all ur help guys

I'm thinking that KB0313 is going to raise them herself....:dono

Jackie in Tampa
03-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Hi guys I have been on the site before... last march when I found 3 orphaned babies and raised and released them. Now I am back with 4 new babies that were found, very very small. Pink no fur eyes closed probably 3-4 days at the oldest. I am currently pregnant and don't really know if its safe for me to be handling babies at this time. So I was wondering if there is anyone that would be willing to take and raise these babies in New Jersey. I will travel to bring them to you. Thanks

Kristinseveral members have volunteered to help, have you decided to raise them yourself? :thinking
need update...we worry ya know!:)
and pics...:poke we need pics too!:D

Pointy Tale
03-05-2013, 07:01 AM
KB0313— I have a resource that may be able to help you, please PM me for the contact information, if still needed.

cmullet
03-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Did we ever find out what is happening to these babies? Is she going to rehab herself? i have sent her my phone number several times privately and no response! I can help and I am in NJ. Does anyone know anything???