PDA

View Full Version : formula

squirrelgurl
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Quick question...I have a friend picking up 3 babies that someone removed from their attic (they've been moved to a totally different house, I tried to get them to put them back and try humane methods of getting mom to relocate if she was still there, it was a no go :( ) and they supposedly still have their eyes closed so I'm assuming under 5 wks old. Is it okay to give them the 5wks and older formula until I can order baby formula or should I try the goats milk formula? Of course we'll rehydrate first, but I have no clue yet what condition they're in and it takes almost a week for me to get my orders from Henry's ( my mail service sucks. Not Henry's fault). Thanks!

Milo's Mom
03-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Yes it will be fine during the time you are waiting for your order.

squirrelgurl
03-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Thank you Milos Mom!

sassysquirrel
03-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I have some of the younger fox valley - I can get some to you - or meet you somewhere - if you want

island rehabber
03-01-2013, 12:46 PM
I owuldn't get too crazy about the FV being for 4wks & under (32/40). Many rehabbers don't switch their babies right away at 4 weeks, and some don't switch at all. I do, but I'll often wait until their eyes open which may be 5 wks or later.

squirrelgurl
03-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Awesome, thank you guys! Sassy, I'm fixing to call ya!

sassysquirrel
03-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I just got home - you can call me - it is not to late to call me
I was afraid you might already be in bed
If I don't hear from you tonight - call me tomorrow (not early - please):)

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
03-02-2013, 07:44 AM
I never switch my guys, makes life so much easier (especially since my main animals are squirrels, bunnies, and opossums) to just stick with the 32/40. I then add a little heavy whipping cream when they are older to increase the fat content (which is what the 20/50 does is boost the fat). My issue with the 20/50 is that there is very little protein in the formula and i think that even older juvies would still benefit from having a high protein formula. Either way is OK, though, whatever works for you.