PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

magna
03-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Just wanted to send out a BIG thank you To Sweet Simon's Mommy for her connecting me with Leigh (hope I spelled it right) at Henry's. I have a boy who is now approaching six months and just has been acting weird and was concerned about MBD or to much calcium, as his food is dusted with it, due to his attitude change. WELLLL he is a litle guy and it is approaching spring. He was found 9/10/12 in a parking lot in a mall standing next to my foot when a girl looked down and saw him and screamed LOOK A BABY SQUIRREL. I took him in and named him Pickles. Living where we do we encounter baby wildlife all the time so I didn't think it would be a big challenge. He has been wonderful and hope to start a soft release soon if he takes to it. This was our first shot at a grey so it has been fun. My wife and I have raised rabbits, possum, some flyers, chins and most farm babies but he has been a blast. We are willing to take on any little guys that need help and have the room to do releases where we live. If we can help let us know. :thankyou

MJS
03-01-2013, 09:22 AM
:Welcome TO TSB...WHAT A NICE STORY!!! EVERYONE SAYS THAT ONCE YOU GET THE FIRST SQUIRREL, OTHERS ARE SURE TO FOLLOW :thumbsup

kastillo
03-01-2013, 09:26 AM
:Welcome
You are close to my neck of the woods. :D
So do you have pictures of Pickles?:poke
We love pictures.

Jackie in Tampa
03-01-2013, 09:37 AM
:Welcome :wave123

Squirrel Girls Mom
03-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Yes, we definitely need pictures! Welcome to TSB. :)

Skul
03-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Oh oh, another flyer person. :thumbsup

djarenspace9
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM

stosh2010
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
You are close to my neck of the woods. :D
So do you have pictures of Pickles?:poke
We love pictures.
I'd be glad to post any photos you want--
Just e-mail to me at stosh@jpcfl.com
Put Pickles in the message line.

island rehabber
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
:Welcome magna, to the best nuthouse on the 'net. :D

toybox
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Nice to see some folks from Florida and Alabama! My wife and I are new too!

I love this sign. Reminds me of when I was in the military and always doing something wrong: :sanp3

Welcome Dave and Jody