PDA

View Full Version : Oops & I'm back

Prairiewolf
02-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Hopefully I have the right place for an intro this time and don't crush any egos.

I was here a few seasons ago while raising 9 babies of the 11 successfully that came into my care while the local permitted rehab was out of the loop. This season I am working with her so even more will be able to be cared for.

SammysMom
02-25-2013, 08:39 AM
:Welcome PW! Can't wait to watch that little one grow and see all the new ones who come your way!:Love_Icon

gs1
02-25-2013, 09:04 AM
:Welcome

and photos are even more welcome :D

so glad you've got help ...having a rehabber for support is a wonderful thing....

Hannah
02-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Welcome Prairiewolf, and good luck with your rehabbing efforts. :)

MJS
02-25-2013, 09:05 AM
:wave123 I WASN'T HERE THEN BUT WELCOME BACK!!! :wave123 :Welcome

stosh2010
02-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Hopefully I have the right place for an intro this time and don't crush any egos.

I was here a few seasons ago while raising 9 babies of the 11 successfully that came into my care while the local permitted rehab was out of the loop.
This season I am working with her so even more will be able to be cared for.

Jackie in Tampa[/COLOR]]Using rat dosing is usually what my vet does...
there are websites made especially for vets, loaded with info..
The books marty mentioned also help...
TSB usually will be able to help with the mgs per kgs info and sq safe meds...just ask!:)
Most vets know how to dose once the have the actual mgs per kg info for each species and each medication...
* sqs do well with isoflurane gas, go under quickly and same for recovering from the anesthesia, quickly.

Sqs in captivity are prone to low calcium, and calcium injections are worthless and would need to be done daily, so changing diets to TSBs healthy diet is KEY! I recommend HHBs, they are a no preservative nut based daily staple, made to order, with RDA that has been researched to the hilt...nothing better out there, no where, no how! :alright.gif
Henry's Healthy Blocks

http://henryspets.com/ (http://henryspets.com/)
READ READ READ!!!!! TSB his a wealth of info!:bowdown

JUST remember---ASK if you have ANY questions or DOUBTS...
We have experienced members--willing to give WELL-TESTED advice.
Don't use a baby squirrel as a test subject.!!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Are you working with the same VET from 2011 ???
Hope to see lots of PHOTOS of your babies and critters.

Prairiewolf
02-25-2013, 09:23 AM

and photos are even more welcome :D

so glad you've got help ...having a rehabber for support is a wonderful thing....

I agree having experienced help is good. Going to be a lot easier with local help than via email to a rehabber 2 hours away.

He can be seen in the nursery. http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=851813#post851813

gs1
02-25-2013, 09:34 AM
:D if we're including tips on this thread here's mine...

1. fox valley is the only formula to use... (esbilac is dangerous).

2. mbd is very common/possible in captive squirrels - cause of the calcium/phos levels and the rest of their diet/exercise...not just a lack of calcium.

3. if you've got flyers they need meat ....

4. keep toilet seats down or make a squirrel ladder .... 100% needed if you've got flyers. http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30728

5. dehydration is one reason why babies don't eat too well.... easily fixed with a syringe of water between feedings ...but check with rehabbers here first to rule out any other problems ...like the heat of formula or squirrel.... (dehydration is usually only a problem with new babies).

6. read as much as possible especially the stickys ..emergency/non life threatening...nutrition .....baby squirrels forum etc.... and print out for your rehabber and vet....

you're in texas ... you will probably get flyers at some point ...be prepared to become attached... they don't need to be released because they do very well as pets. (they're colony animals - they become attached to you).

:D you can tell i've got a thing for flyers:D

:Welcome again....:D

ps: lucky is gorgeous, he looks so healthy.

Charley Chuckles
02-25-2013, 09:54 AM
:Welcome Back ...we love pics :poke :D

stepnstone
02-25-2013, 10:57 AM

Read that, not really sure what it was all about. :thinking
To give a benefit of doubt, we get spammers or trolls as we call them on here and it really can be annoying.
I could be wrong but I'm thinking you were being singled out under a mistaken identity? :dono

Prairiewolf
02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Read that, not really sure what it was all about. :thinking
To give a benefit of doubt, we get spammers or trolls as we call them on here and it really can be annoying.
I could be wrong but I'm thinking you were being singled out under a mistaken identity? :dono

I figure there is always one knucklehead in each group and I was just lucky enough to step on that ones ego. The squirrels are the important thing here so I just gaff off the rest.
mjs

Skul
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I figure there is always one knucklehead in each group and I was just lucky enough to step on that ones ego. The squirrels are the important thing here so I just gaff off the rest.
mjs
No. You got whacked because your post was off topic, and the content appeared to be from a spammer. Nothing more. End of story.