PDA

View Full Version : Daffodils and Tulips

Zelda's Mom
02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Can squirrels eat daffodils and tulip foliage? I have read taht they like rose buds some other type of buds I have in the yard. I have plenty of daffodils and beginning to spring up and was just wondering. I think Zelda would appreciate a change from the turnips, collards, etc.

Gabe
02-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Don't know about tulips, but daffodils are poisonous for squirrels. Try some clover or dandelion leaves and blooms. They love dandelion blossoms. Or just dig a big patch of long weeds or wildflowers, pop them dirt and all in a small plant pot, water, and let Zelda have at it.

Zelda's Mom
02-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Sorry, the other reason I am asking is because my granddaughter just gave Zelda a daffodil and she went crazy over it. I wasn't sure if this was a safe food so I took it from her . . . which was not easy . . . she chattered at me! :thinking First time for that! Evidently, she loves it.

Zelda's Mom
02-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I do not think she ate much of it, but she REALLY liked it. I have been watching her since I signed on almost an hour ago and she seems fine. She did eat some fresh dandelion and turnips I put in her cage.

Should I do something else?

Gabe
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
If anyone remembers sissy's thread in the emergency thread titled "Help Sissy is throwing up..." , you will remember she did the same thing. Those would be good symptoms to watch for. Although sissy got a bit more than Zelda did.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
02-24-2007, 04:31 PM
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3605

Gabe
02-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Thank you, rippie. You'd think I'd learn how to do that.:thumbsup

Luv4scratty
11-04-2007, 11:22 AM
You'r squrriels are so cute!!!!I took in a baby squrriel last april but now he lives outsie. We also have 2 other ones that are wild but come very close to you. :Love_Icon