PDA

View Full Version : need help again the hurt toe baby

Stephanie K Zon
04-07-2006, 01:48 AM
:bowdown :bowdown
well I am going to try and get every thing down right. Frist this is Stephanie again and her toe is doing great, an little about her frist. She is a grey squirrel she just opened her eyes about 3 days now, Her wieght is 4.7 oz and she is eating about 3 1cc syringes of formula a feeding about every 3 or 4 hours I feed her esbilac with a little whip cream in it I read it was good for them. I give her erythromycin and pedialyte when she gets sick like a tick or if her foot got infected she isn't on any right now but I am worried about her eating when I try to feed her it is like she chokes on it all the time allmost every other swollow and I have to turn her up side down and give her a little shake so the formula will run out. Her teeth are realy long, how long they are supposed to be I don't know. They almost cris cross at the tips and they are almost see though I looked at them with a strong eye glass. only on the tips are they see though.She is gong to the bathroom good I think she goes pee almost every time I make her but she don't aalways have a bm I think it is because I just got finished changing her over from the krm, but she is about every other feeding. This isn't like raising a baby there are so many things I don't know and it makes me very fearful of hurting her. I have a big cage being delivered Saturday but I don't know when to put her in it I hope she goes back to the wild but I know I have a while befor that should I start putting food in yet and what is a monkey biscit? I seen these apple blocks are they good for them I have been told they are a rodent and will eat any thing. I have some oring syrings coming in the mail from Squirrels and More and my sister is sending me some to because she raised birds knowing a little about birds has helped with this little squirrel. I guess I better go now I can't think of any more questions right now it is late here and I still have one more feeding befor I go to bed. Oh how about dog biscits better quit:crazy about my little girl squirrel . Well thank you don't know what I would do with out the people there she wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the Squirrle Board so God bless you all.:bowdown Stephanie

CliffordandDaisy'sDad
04-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Steph, can you tell when you're feeding her if you're putting the formula in faster than she can suck it down? or if she's burping it back up?

First thing I would do, start feeding her very slowly and in smaller amounts - more often.

Clifford sorta had that problem for a while and I just fed him less a lot more often. His stomach was shrunk from going without food for so long. It took a couple of weeks for him to catch back up to Daisy.

CliffordandDaisy'sDad
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Here's two very good legitimate guides on carrying for orphan squirrels. You should read them Steph, there might be something in them that would help you out. I don't know.

http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/canopy/3119/manual.pdf

http://www.2ndchance.info/foxsqrrl.htm