PDA

View Full Version : Question about flea preventative

Nemehoto
11-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I can not get the Revolution kitten flea preventative from my vet, His receptionist says they can no longer get it.

I did pick up the following item for my squirrels but haven't used them yet because I didn't know if they are safe for my squirrels. This was the only "kitten" formulation my vet had.

Advantage Multi for cats (imidacloprid + moxidectin)

can anyone tell me if a drop of this is safe for my squirrels?

SammysMom
11-24-2012, 11:05 AM
It does not have to be "kitten" Revolution. The Revolution difference between cat dog etc is just how much is in teach tube. You are just going to use a drop or 2 in any case. I do not know about the Advantage.

Nemehoto
11-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Revolution products aren't being carried by my vet is the issue. I can get advantage or frontline products just not revolution. And I can't order them without a RX, so vets that do carry revolution want to see the "cat" and they won't arbitrarily write a RX because I ask them too.. It doesn't matter that I have 5 cats to chose from but the point is I have to pay a vet fee to a strange vet+ stressing our cats out (they don't travel well) just to get a RX to get flea control for my squirrels. When I am trying to find out if this other product is safe to use because I CAN get it easily from my vet.

SammysMom
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Well I honestly don't know about the other treatments. I have purchased Revolution online without a prescription at:
http://www.onlinepetmeds.info/revolution-for-cats.html

stepnstone
11-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Frontline is safe to use, I have used it often myself on my squirrel.

SammysMom
11-25-2012, 05:56 PM
That is good to know Step...thank-you!