PDA

View Full Version : New to the board.

The STIG
11-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I am new to the forum but have learned much from them. I look forward to spending time here.

I have been a fan of squirrels most of my life. I have been playing with the squirrels in my yard for over a year.

I have setup some Squirrel frendly bird feeders and have built a multi level feeding platform outside my home office window in Auburn Maine. I have a webcam setup that streams what is going on outside onto my Ustream Channel. I watch it at work and it has a small following of people that seem to like it. (I am not posting the link right now because I am not sure that is permitted).

I think I have 10 or so different Gray Squirrels and 1 Red that visit daily. From sun up till about noon I ofter have 4 to 5 at a time. Very funny to watch them interact. The rest of the day I have 1 or 2 most of the time. I have trained a few to come in my office window on the weekends onto my desk and take nuts from my hand (Videos on my youtube channel, not sure I can post link). It is great fun and a nice way to relax after a long week at work.

Thanks for having a great forum and if it is desired and permitted I can post the links to my Ustream and Youtube. Don't want to get into trouble with my first post.

Thanks

SammysMom
11-23-2012, 04:54 PM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome

island rehabber
11-23-2012, 04:56 PM
:Welcome to the best nuthouse on the net! You're welcome to put the link to your Webcam here, in a post or even in your signature, so long as somewhere on your home page there is a link BACK to TSB. :):thumbsup

The STIG
11-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Thank you sir I will add links to your forum.

My Ustream Channel
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rlthestig

My Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/rlthestig

Ustream is up most of the time as long as the computer feeding ustream does not crash. Never down for more then 8 hours (till I can get home and reboot it). Best times to watch are sunrise (6:30am) to noon eastcoast time. But still busy noon till dark (4:45pm). After that the feed is up but nothing to really see.

Thank you for the welcome.