PDA

View Full Version : BH done it again...

Preacher
02-20-2007, 08:05 PM
This one is my fault...
I smoke occasionally, & apparently I had a cigarrette fall out to the floor & didn't know....guess who found it??
She was just wondering around with it in her mouth till I decided to take it away, the a serious fight was on! She clawed me good, & I got it but she had a little tobacco in her mouth jus a chewin like crazy...this won't hurt her will it?

island rehabber
02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
It MIGHT, Preach -- take it away from her, OK>>??? I know that nicotine can be very toxic to birds and other critters so don't take a chance. Spit it out, BH -- come on, girl!! :nono

Preacher
02-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Actually she did "spit" most of it out while chewin, but I'll keep an eye on her.
What got me was She went absolute nuts when I tried to catch her & take it away, I mean...ballistic!!!

heidiann
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh man. I'm gonna have to have a talk with BH. Don't worry. She's probably just going through a rebellious stage. She's all "I learned it by watching YOU Dad! I learned it by watching you."
Seriously though, I sure hope she's ok.

Mrs. Jack
02-20-2007, 08:25 PM
BH don't start!!! it's horrible when you want to quit, which you will!

hope she's feeling alright, Preacher.

Preacher
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Yep me too, shes done gone to bed...but it's bout her time. Actually mine too. I've had bout 4 hrs sleep in 36 or so...I's tired.
I'll check in in the morning & update.

Kathy56
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Preacher, hope she is ok. Tell her its a bad habit to start and to give it up now or I will tell Rufus on her.

rehabmom
02-20-2007, 09:34 PM
BH should be ok.our boy steals dh cigs. and the fight is on when i try and take it away. i have learned to get a nut and give it to him and he gives the cig.up.
he just gets in his mood every once in awhile and will steal them out of the ash tray.
rehabmom.

shotzee
02-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Funny how they get when you try to take something away from them that they want. Tonight my Little Man found my wedding ring set on my dresser and took the solitaire ring out of the set and took off!! I saw something shiny in his hand while he was running around and was like -What is that? When I figured out what it was, I chased him around the room tyring yo get it back. haha I finally traded a cracker for it though!:thumbsup

heidiann
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Cracker for a diamond. Sounds about right. :p

TexanSquirrel
02-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Bad girl BH! Smoking will make you smell bad to the boy squirrels and will get ash in your pretty fur. Don't be naughty, give it back to Preacher.

And a cracker for a diamond? :rotfl That's one thing I love about squirrels. That shiney rock isn't nearly as useful to them as yumyums and they know it!:crazy

pia
02-21-2007, 02:30 AM
:jump

GhosTS
02-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Good to hear that BH is doing fine.Tobacco IS bad for them.Since they already have a very high metabolic rate it will affect their system very differently than from ours.

And smoking is baaad:D

SquirrelyGirly
02-21-2007, 07:42 AM
BH, When mon was smaller she use to purposely hunt out my pack of smokes.
Eventually, she never ate them but sherreded every single cig to all get out.

I decided To leave a empty decoy pack out and darn tootin if she didn't find that one and shred the box...

good thing she has become more picky on what she shreds.

I had no idea it was toxic:dono

Preacher
02-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Mornin,
slept in a little but finally came in here...tapped on the cage & BH poked her head out like "WHAT??I's sleepin here" She seems OK though. Shes sittin on top of her box now waitin for more scratchins!! Gotta tend to her & get ready for work...another lesson learned though.

Oh & BH said she didn't want to smoke it, she wanted a "chaw"!!
Yuns have a Blessed Day!!

Momma Squirrel
02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear that BH doesn't seem to have any ill affects of that first smoke. Teenagers will be teenagers :shakehead

Mrs. Jack
02-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I wonder if I could trade a cracker for a diamond.. next time I'm at the mall I'll give it a go. What kind of cracker?

I'm glad BH feels okay. Was just reading a report this morning where they've found that the tissues in the brain of smokers, even long quit smokers is altered from non smokers due to the nicotine affect on dopamine re-uptakers.

squirrelfriend
02-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe she just wanted to try it because all of her friends were. Hopefully it is just a phase that she is going through.:D

on a serious not I have read an acount before that it is highly toxic for beavers. I think that one had quite a bit though.

Keep in mind that children of smokers are more likely to become one themselves.:D Gotta set that example.

hope she is ok.

susanw
02-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Their like taking care of two year olds, and everything has to go in the mouth!:)

TexanSquirrel
02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
You're right, Mrs Jack. Addiction is a chronic relapsing disease because of what it does to the brain.

Preacher
02-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Heh heh ...what if ya don't have a brain??????????:thankyou

Bobo's Mom
02-21-2007, 07:50 PM
What you really have to watch out for is cigarette butts. The nicotine is more concentrated & can cause serious problems. For some reason children & animals seem to be drawn to butts in an ashtray... ewwwww. I'm a smoker too but I don't smoke in our room where Bojangles cage is. I'm scared to death he might accidently run into a lit cigarette while he's out or get into the ashtray. I would never forgive myself.