PDA

View Full Version : how can i make a difference?

FuzzyButt
11-09-2012, 09:28 PM
i see so many of you here making a huge impact on these beautiful animals lives & it makes me want to do more than just love & watch out for them in my own way (which means stopping traffic when they are in the road.... scaring off hungry hawks.... putting out water during droughts...etc)

i really have no money or land.. but i have a strong desire to be a part of helping our beloved squirrels.

my friends all call me Squirrel Lady .... my passion is known. what can i do? i feel that it is my calling.:)

any suggestions are whole heartedly welcome..... julie :Love_Icon

Milo's Mom
11-09-2012, 09:36 PM
What you are doing IS making a HUGE impact, most specifically for the squirrel you are doing it for!

Is there a wildlife center close to you...they are always looking for volunteers.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
11-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Hi and Welcome!!:Welcome

You are already doing a lot , finding this board and asking questions!!!
I am not in a position to do much (comparatively)
But when someone has found a baby in my area I go get it.......
stabilize it.......
them give it to someone on the board who can house it until it is time to release it.
I would determinately find a rehabber in your area and volunteer, its amazing how much you will learn about these little guys and how special they really are.
Google 2nd Hand Ranch, Nancy, is on this board and in your state I believe.

FuzzyButt
11-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks so much, you guys! I feel better, knowing that I AM making a difference. Guess I just see all of the things you guys are doing & I just wuv wuv wuv the little critters so much I want to do more. But - each small contribution adds up.

I did find 2nd hand ranch, along with lots of listings for rehabbers (some are very close to my home) so who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to do even more.

My dream is to one day just hold a sweet little squirrel & give it some love :Love_Icon

PS - check out the funny ad I posted (in the appropriate forum). Just some cute silliness :rotfl

redwuff
11-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Welcome FuzzyButt,:wave123

Don't worry, a little fuzzer will come your way. It is shear majic to hold a baby in your hands and watch it suck off the nipple. You are learning in the correct order. Most of us get a fuzzer and don't know the proper way to care for it. You are learning first.:jump

Trysh