PDA

View Full Version : Home needed for Chipmunk (Northeast)

popeels
02-19-2007, 10:45 PM
I have a healthy tame Eastern chip that was hit by a car and rehabbed to 90% recovery. He cannot be released! Looking for loving permanant home in the Northeast (Near Vermont). Must be willing to buy/build large cage, have a nice clean newer home that does not have predators or access by predators, and someone who is intellegent, loving and knowledgeable with common sense. "Chip" is well behaved and has never bitten. He likes fresh fruit and lots of attention. He needs SUPERVISED run time out of the cage in a room without hazards, holes or other things that are bad for a chip. Please respond directly if you can supply the above criteria. Email: dlarsoncge@gmail.com

TexanSquirrel
02-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Awwww. I want a chippie! But I cannot have one. :( Post pics, pleeeeeeease?

heidiann
02-20-2007, 07:25 AM
I'll send you an email. I'm in MA.:)

popeels
02-22-2007, 02:44 AM
I will try to post some. My fellow rehabber is watching him while I'm out of town. I have some photos on my digital camera, and I will try to upload them.

heidiann
02-22-2007, 06:33 AM
:thumbsup Can't wait to see them.:thankyou

fireopal
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
HI Popeels,
I live in the Southern Adirondack region of New York. I have, cared for many forms of wildlife ever since I was a kid. Since a negligent neighbors cat adopted my family, I have, helped rehabilitate and release many birds, squirrels, and other rodents...Personally, I have kept two chipmunks and on flying squirrel as pets.
My current chipmunk, was injured by a bird of prey...A DEC Friend of mine believes the bird picked him up and, Davie (my squirrel), dropped out of the birds talons. When I found him, Davies entire face was full of infection, I gave him an anti biotic, all in all, lost half a tail, two fingers, and a ear; so I can never release him. Davie is a sweet and intelligent squirrel though, and seems very content in his home (I keep him in a specially made, large squirrel-proof cage (3" by 2 1/2")...I give him fresh fruit, digging, grass, nuts, toys, and water(of course) regularly.
If your chipmunk has not yet found a home, I would absolutely love to provide your "Chip" with a loving home!...I do not own any other animals except Davie, and do not intend on ever owning a "predator type animal." (Anatole, the family/ stray cat who addopted us lives with my mother and sisters in the Hudson valley.). My apartment has bright light, is very clean; and I would of course, have no problem buying a cage for Chip. I would give Chip the same love and attention that I do Davie.
Pleases Email me if you have any questions!
(If you would like to see pictures of my apartment, Davie, his cage, etc)