PDA

View Full Version : Super tiny girl? downs? stunted?

DipityDane
10-22-2012, 04:32 PM
I have a late baby...she's just now right at 8 weeks old and is 58 grams. Even a few weeks ago when she was young I was taken aback at how small for age she seemed. Her limbs appear normal but her tail is shorter than normal and the length from neck to rump is odd like she's super short bodied. I am attaching a pic of her face because also her eyes are large and buggy and her head just looks different. Any ideas? She eats very little but isn't underweight for her stature....just little.
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx107/DipityDane78/IMG_20121022_161211.jpg

Nancy in New York
10-22-2012, 04:39 PM
I have a late baby...she's just now right at 8 weeks old and is 58 grams. Even a few weeks ago when she was young I was taken aback at how small for age she seemed. Her limbs appear normal but her tail is shorter than normal and the length from neck to rump is odd like she's super short bodied. I am attaching a pic of her face because also her eyes are large and buggy and her head just looks different. Any ideas? She eats very little but isn't underweight for her stature....just little.
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx107/DipityDane78/IMG_20121022_161211.jpg

Oh yes, she is different. AND so adorable. Not sure about being a dwarf, or downs. I will let the experts answer that.
OMG only 58 grams, is she still taking formula?
Precious, just precious.....love her up.:Love_Icon

pappy1264
10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
She is 8 weeks...really? She is adorable, but does look different (almost more like a cross between a grey and a flyer kind of). Don't think she is downs, but maybe dwarf? I know there have been very small ones on here who took a while, but eventually caught up, maybe that will be the case? Is she eating any solids yet?

DipityDane
10-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I've had her since before eyes opened so I'm pretty certain about age...she is still taking formula and although I have caught her playing with block I've yet to see her eat any substancial amount. She is just now eating 4mls at a serving which is up from her normal 3! She really is precious and just talks up a storm.

Nancy in New York
10-22-2012, 06:06 PM
I've had her since before eyes opened so I'm pretty certain about age...she is still taking formula and although I have caught her playing with block I've yet to see her eat any substancial amount. She is just now eating 4mls at a serving which is up from her normal 3! She really is precious and just talks up a storm.

Well there is no denying.......she is the cutest little thing going....:D :Love_Icon
Let me find a thread about another little squirrel that is tiny.
Not quite as small as she is I don't think.....but tiny non the less.
I believe that Rhapsody also had a tiny one, who ended up growing up nicely and being released.
Your little one has a "different" look though compared to the other two I am talking about.

Found it, Djarenspace9's thread
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35505

In one of the posts on the last page she wrote this...

"Little Andy turned 8 weeks old a few days ago and weighed in at 65grams"

sassysquirrel
10-22-2012, 07:01 PM
She is the cutest thing - I can babysit - Please Please - I am in Arkansas:D

SammysMom
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Oh my goodness she is too cute for words! I am always commenting on "Better to hear you with my dear" earsies... She has "Better to see you with my dear" eyes!!! :grouphug

Anne
10-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Doesn't look Downs to me. She is extremely small for her age and her appetite fits her size. She is so adorable, my what big eyes!!! I think what you have is a late bloomer, so to speak. It will be interesting to watch her develop that's for sure. It will be exciting to see how she progresses, please keep us all updated. I, for one, will be waiting for future posts with baited breath!!!!

Squirrel Girls Mom
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
What she lacks in size she sure makes up with cuteness! I don't know anything about down syndrome or dwarfism, but I know excess adorable-ism when I see it. Please take lots of pictures!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

jenniferposey86
10-22-2012, 09:53 PM
So cute. The eyes remind me of the squirrel from Ice Age :)

Baxied
10-23-2012, 05:45 AM
She's a doll!!! I had a female that lived in my yard for years with very buggy eyes and a short tail. We called her "Short Tail" and she was a favorite, but she just disappeared at the end of this summer. I miss her terribly, but her daughter still visits for treats, and she has the same buggy eyes.:) Please keep us informed as to her progress. I'll be interested to see how she grows.

Jackie in Tampa
10-23-2012, 05:53 AM
I have a true dwarf here, Scout. The dwarfism gene is similar to humans, bowed limbs are the absolute give away...
I think you have a slow bloomer too!
darling little one:Love_Icon

rusty's mom
10-23-2012, 01:21 PM
So cute I'd like to see a full body pose please.

Kebtaz
10-23-2012, 07:33 PM
OMG! To cute! Awe sha:grouphug