PDA

View Full Version : Formula by syringe or bowl?

newsquirrelmommy
10-18-2012, 05:39 AM
The last couple of days my Squirt is slowly taking less formula. He is about 11-12 weeks old now so I was wondering if I still give it to him with a syringe or try a bowl? I still also try formula with every meal, 4x/day. I'm not sure which feeding time to cut out formula only because sometimes he takes a lot of formula and sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he eats a little veggies and sometimes a lot. I always give him veggies for his lunch and dinner and block for morning and nite. But I still try formula too everytime after veggies and block. Sorry if this sounds confusing but I know if he keeps taking the formula when he wants it then he'll be healthier than taking it away. Maybe he's just picky or maybe squammy is too worried.

CrazySquirrelLady
10-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Mine are doing the same thˆng... One meal and th´y eat like horses... next time, nothing.

and I never know how many s¥rˆnges to fix up ahead of tˆme... dam keyboard is acting up sorry

newsquirrelmommy
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi CSL!! It's the weirdest thing with his eating habits. Today at breakfast he ate 1/2 block and 16cc's but lunch he ate practically nothing and still wants nothing. I've been trying since 11am. All he wants to do is run around like a nut. I finally just put him in his new cage with some veggies and put the cover on it. Hopefully he calms down and eats a little something.

SunnyCox
10-18-2012, 06:23 PM
My male gray is about 12 weeks old. He is also hit and miss with the FV. This morning, I was holding a small container of FV while filling syringes for my other babies, and he stuck his nose in and lapped until he had his fill. He did the same thing at his mid-day meal. I think we are done with syringes!

Sweet Simon's Mommy
10-18-2012, 06:25 PM
I soaked wheat bread in FV and they Loved it when they didn't want the syringe any more. get the wash clothes ready, it was a messy deal :rotfl

CrazySquirrelLady
10-18-2012, 07:23 PM
good idea with the bread, keep them from snorting the milk? good deal...

newsquirrelmommy
10-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone! I didn't know that bread was allowed with squirrels?? If it is I might try it as well.