PDA

View Full Version : Found small orangey looking spot in cage? Is it BLOOD?

CrazySquirrelLady
10-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Changed bedding last nite after boys went to bed.

New clean bedding shows small quarter sized orange spot on it this morning.

Everyone seems to be fine, don't see any injuries.

Is this blood?

I did not feed any orange colored foods.

EEEEKKKK! what could it be?

SammysMom
10-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Are they eating acorns?

CrazySquirrelLady
10-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Are they eating acorns?
NO, I have given a treat of hickory nuts though yesterday. one each.

I hope it is not throw up or something. I am sure this spot is fresh, got bedding out of dryer last nite after they went to sleep.

oh no! oh no!

SammysMom
10-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Just watch for anything more. Maybe white paper towel in the cage. Everything shows up on that. :grouphug

CrazySquirrelLady
10-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Does squee blood look orangey colored when it is on a white background of fleece?

I am freakin out here! FREAKIN OUT!

[CSL limps madly thru the house screaming HELP HELP and pulling out her hair]

SammysMom
10-13-2012, 10:37 AM
For Sammy it has always been red just like any other mammal. Orange sounds like food.

CrazySquirrelLady
10-13-2012, 10:39 AM
here is pic of the spot added to last post. see it looks orange

oh it is not in the peepee spot they like to use for potty either.

SammysMom
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Maybe somebody got a scratch? Did you check them over including all 8 of their little tootsies?

CrazySquirrelLady
10-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe somebody got a scratch? Did you check them over including all 8 of their little tootsies?
No. but I will if I can catch them.. !!!!

JEB looks a little lethargic this am, but he usually eats so much at one time, he goes into coma after meals.

GENERAL Forrest is running around, going nuts as usual.

I will look at toes.

CrazySquirrelLady
10-13-2012, 10:54 AM
FALSE ALARM... SORRY.....

I think it is a TOMATO wedge that was stashed somewhere and now has made an appearance again..

SORRY SORRY SORRY

SammysMom
10-13-2012, 11:34 AM
LOL I knew that was what it looked like...:jump :jump :jump

island rehabber
10-13-2012, 12:02 PM
FALSE ALARM... SORRY.....

I think it is a TOMATO wedge that was stashed somewhere and now has made an appearance again..

:jump:jump:jump phew!

CrazySquirrelLady
10-13-2012, 06:38 PM
whew is what I said too! WHEW!

freaked out a little huh? hahahahahaha

mdyoung216
10-15-2012, 10:03 AM
So with stains and having to wash the squirrel's linens from urine, do people use special soap with or without fabric softener, or just toss them in with the rest of your laundry.

CrazySquirrelLady
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
So with stains and having to wash the squirrel's linens from urine, do people use special soap with or with fabric softener, or just toss them in with the rest of your laundry.
I use a no perfumes, no dyes laundry soap, and I do put a wee bit of April Fresh Downy fabric softener in the rinse water... about 3 cc.....

I do love my boys, but not crazy about washing my underwear with their poopy/pee pee blankets, so they get to go in the washer all by themselves.

Anne
10-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Here rehab blankies, etc. are all washed separately with non-scented detergent, don't use fabric softener. I add white vinegar to remove any odors. Toss in dryer or hang out to dry.

mdyoung216
10-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I do love my boys, but not crazy about washing my underwear with their poopy/pee pee blankets, so they get to go in the washer all by themselves.

That would probably be their answer about putting your underwear in with their blankets. LOL

CrazySquirrelLady
10-15-2012, 10:19 AM
mmmm april fresh downy... mmmmm... I can't resist it...

CrazySquirrelLady
10-15-2012, 10:20 AM
That would probably be their answer about putting your underwear in with their blankets. LOL
:rofl4

Nope. They love me, don't care what I do to them really... hahahaha except for JEB who don't want to come out of the cage for any reason...