PDA

View Full Version : Might have pregnant flyer

brooksd
02-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I was wondering if there's away to tell if she's pregnant? If she is, then I need to get info on raising the babies. So any direction or information would be appreciated.:crazy

Somebody's Mother
02-17-2007, 06:08 PM
i can't tell you how to tell but i am sure there is somebody on here http://www.nfsa.us/phpBB2/index.php that can. especially if you talk to joan on there. her flyer has been preggers 5 times last year.:dono

Bobo's Mom
02-17-2007, 06:25 PM
The way I've heard it told at the NFSA is that you know when you find little pink aliens in the nest box, lol. Mama will be throwing daddy out of the nest box pretty quick too as she has no use for him now. Far as she's concerned he's done his part... now scram! Sometimes it's even necessary to move the poor guy to his own cage. As far as raising babies.... mama flyers are pros & don't really need (or want) any help. You're likely to draw back a nub if you try to reach in that box too soon or without permission. Keep a watchful eye but let mama do what she does best. Earn her trust & you can handle them more & more as they get older. You can find complete info on the NFSA site. Happy reading!

LynninIN
02-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Baby flyers :multi. Can't wait for pics.

Somebody's Mother
02-17-2007, 06:41 PM
The way I've heard it told at the NFSA is that you know when you find little pink aliens in the nest box, lol. Mama will be throwing daddy out of the nest box pretty quick too as she has no use for him now. Far as she's concerned he's done his part... now scram! Sometimes it's even necessary to move the poor guy to his own cage. As far as raising babies.... mama flyers are pros & don't really need (or want) any help. You're likely to draw back a nub if you try to reach in that box too soon or without permission. Keep a watchful eye but let mama do what she does best. Earn her trust & you can handle them more & more as they get older. You can find complete info on the NFSA site. Happy reading!

they have the right idea:rotfl

Bobo's Mom
02-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Actually mama rabbit does it better. She won't even allow the male in her cage. You have to take her to his cage then stand there & watch while she "allows" him to do his thing. Then you have to get her out of there cause far as she's concerned he's outlived his usefulness and she might hurt him. Good way to know if she's pregnant is to try again in 2 weeks. If she let's him do his thing she's probably not pregnant. If she's not tolerant of his affections she's either pregnant or thinks she is & you'd better get her out of there fast.

TexanSquirrel
02-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Babies! Babies! Babies! We all love babies!

Kathy56
02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
We need pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.:D