PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central FL

sqrlmum
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi, all:

Currently fostering my fourth Eastern Gray as we have a ton of huge oaks that are absolute squirrel heaven! We have either very neglectful or slightly brain-damaged mamas across the street at the neighbour's that have provided us with three out of the four babies we've looked after.

Currently I've got a 4-week-old female singleton, and I joined to look over the board archives on how to release a singleton. She fell out of the very top of a HUGE oak, hitting the majority of the branches on one side of the tree on her way down. She was not injured but her mama didn't come down to get her for the remainder of the day (she cried and cried to no avail). She's been with us for four days and is completely rehydrated and now on kitten formula while we wait for our Fox Valley order to come. "Stella" is a happy little eater, great snuggler & sleeper, and we'll plan for a soft release in the future when she's old enough. I'm lucky to have a big back porch and tons of quiet oaks, very little feline activity, and very little traffic. My other three Eastern Grays were two little boys and another girl, and the girl still comes back to say "hi" by running up and down my sliding glass door screens.

I'm still a newbie but if anyone needs assistance with an orphan/abandon in the Orlando/Central FL area, I work from home and have time to help out!

:)

djarenspace9
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
:Welcome

Things are winding down baby-wise but it's good to have a fresh offer to help! :thumbsup
I'm in Sanford.

Karen

starfairy
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
:Welcome I live in Kissimmee. Glad to have one more squirrel person in the area.:grouphug

Jackie in Tampa
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
:Welcome :wave123