PDA

View Full Version : How to Make your Pictures Smaller using IPHOTO/MAC

CrazySquirrelLady
10-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I was having trouble making my pics smaller and finally figured this out. Hope it helps someone else.

Drag a copy of the pic from I PHOTO by holding down on mouse and drag it to the desktop. Let go.

Double CLICK ON PIC you want to use in post.

You should be viewing the PIC now.

FINDER should be up now. Go to TOOLS and SELECT

ADJUST SIZE

You will see a menu. It says FIT INTO... Choose size of pic you want to upload to thread. I use 800 x 600. this works well for me. Hit save.

Now Go to FILE... hit SAVE AS

name your pic, store on your computer desktop and now you are ready to post regular sized pics using a MAC...

Just go to Manage Attachments under Additional Options on this website, click on it and it will come up... choose your file and tell it to upload and your nicely sized pic is now in your thread....
:wave123

acorniv
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
this is a test (watch me sweat)

acorniv
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
this is a test (watch me sweat)

Holy cow. I did it and I turned it into my avatar too, though it kept telling I'd failed.

:thankyou :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :thankyou

Fireweed
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
CSL, THANK YOU. :bowdown I've been semi-trying to figure this out for, oh, five years or so. :D Thanks for taking the time to tell us.

acorniv--your little acorn looks like Sammy (sammysmom)!:tilt

CrazySquirrelLady
01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
alas! I fondly remember my MAC user days.... Now I'm stuck with windows 8 eeeekkkkk! help!

Fireweed
01-24-2013, 10:31 AM
alas! I fondly remember my MAC user days.... Now I'm stuck with windows 8 eeeekkkkk! help!

:eek: You POOR THING! I never, ever want to go back to windows. Windows was a constant headache, a constant battle with viruses, constantly working with a lurching, sputtering machine that just didn't ever have enough gas to keep up in the race. Using a Mac is like flying on real wings in comparison. :D

CrazySquirrelLady
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
:eek: You POOR THING! I never, ever want to go back to windows. Windows was a constant headache, a constant battle with viruses, constantly working with a lurching, sputtering machine that just didn't ever have enough gas to keep up in the race. Using a Mac is like flying on real wings in comparison. :D

My IMAC crapped out last Halloween.... hadda have something to keep going on.

BUT I HATE WINDOWS HATE HATE HATE HATE IT....

So retarded this OS. Get this, when you attach a phone or a printer or something... I have to do the following: Download a driver, install the driver, reboot the system and pray... It took me 2 days to get a printer to work. 2 days! I am fairly smart, would hate to think of a Windows user with IQ of 90 trying to figger this sh!t out... wow.

MAC: All I gotta do is plug in the USB cable and it works. it works.

No sputterinng crazy crap like windows 8 is... what a nitemare.

MAC RULES PC DROOLS

acorniv
01-24-2013, 11:51 AM

What I love best about Macs is that you can get customer service for it, and it is fantastic customer service - unlike the universally HORRIBLE CS you get for pc's.

My best Mac story - several years ago I got an ipod for Christmas. My dh decided to set it up for me while I was taking a nap. He plugged it into my mac, and the ipod blew up the mac. Kerpow! Dead as a nit. Lost all my photos. Mad as wet hen. Apple genius bar was terrible then - arrogant pimply boys ( no girls) with no social skills and no use for anyone who wasn't them. IOW - exactly what you still get with pc techs. They rolled their eyes and said it was poppycock, that an apple product will always agree with an apple product. So whagt I got for Christmas that year was the loss of my computer. DH bought me a pc, which lasted two years (like they all do) and then ipads came out and he decided that woudl be a great gift for me. If only I didn't turn fifteen shades of purple whenever aple was mentioned. He talked me into it, bought me the ipad and I was really pretty darned excited about it until Christmas, when I turned it on and tried to get itunes going and there was some idiot glitch, and itunes cs said "hey, it's a holiday, and we're not apple, so we don't owe you any customer service. Contact us next week."

Fast forward through dozens of hours of dealing with a 3rd tier Apple tech guy, who I was passed to because this very minor incident with itunes opened up a long festering wound. This new tech believed I believed what I was saying, but didn't believe it could have happened. He had me send the serial numbers of the two items, and then informed me the ipod did not have an Apple serial number - it must be counterfeit. Where did I buy it? It just so happened we'd ordered it online, directly from Apple, and I happened to have the receipt.

The disbelief at what they were seeing when I forwarded these things was palpable. The tone changed from legitmately excellent customer service to red carpets and I suddenly became the guest of honor. At what I wasn't sure, but two weeks later, I had an explanation why the ipod bullied my mac. It was configured for the British market ( and had a British serial number) and somehow found it's way into a US warehouse. I also had a new ipod, a repaired mac, a brand new mackbook pro, and some incidentals. I was then asked if there was anything, absolutely anything else they could do for me? No, I said - I just wanted this issue resolved, thankyou. They then sent me a printer. And ever since then, whenever one of my Apple products has a hiccup, they all rush in to burp it and bow and scrape. They replaced the ipad just before the warranty ended, just so it woudl be fresh, for example.

A month after the printer arrived, I happened to meet the regional rep for Apple. He was excited to hear my story because he'd heard about this, but hadn't met anyone it happened to before. This being that my case was ultimately handled by Apple's top techs and Steve Jobs himself. The hallmark he said was that the is given customer special status, along with gifts. Jobs apparently believed in the concept of a rotten apple spoiling the whole barrel, and appreciated the opportunity to tackle quirky problems that other companies would dismiss as too oddball to worry about.

I really like the way Jobs approached business, which was so unlike how most companies do. That (not the gifts - frankly, after what I went through, the gifts were appropriate) is what has made me a dedicated Apple fan. This happened just a few months before he passed away, so I don't know if the tradition continues, but I do know that anyone who buys the apple protection plan gets exceptional service. Years ago, I got a phone call two weeks before mine expired, with the offer to bring my computer in and have it checked out, so that anything it needed could be handled while still under warranty. What other company does that?

CrazySquirrelLady
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
wanna send off my Imac to be repaired? LOL. I bet they would jump at a chance to fix for YOU! :D

hope... I have hope now.... lol.