PDA

View Full Version : Nibbling on my rings

weedot
09-27-2012, 12:21 PM
So moose is 10 weeks old (11 weeks friday whoot) his page (http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35890)

and for some weird reason when we are playing he seeks out my rings on my finger and likes to nibble on them, prefers the gold one over silver LOL "Gold Digger" any thoughts to why? He will sit there a nibble it forever if I don't move him. Thoughts?
I know it will not hurt him, it just a "what the" question really.

CritterMom
09-27-2012, 01:08 PM
It is foreign - not supposed to be there, so he is grooming it away for you. They are helpful that way and will do the same to scabs, moles, birthmarks and other things you may prefer not be surgically excised by squirrel teeth. And OMG Bandaids!!

Welcome to Squirrel World!

newsquirrelmommy
09-27-2012, 01:15 PM
My Squirt does the same thing. He nibbles on my rings, bracelet and earrings. Ive learned to take them off otherwise he will...lol....Crittermom you are so right with that they want to remove everything foreign:rotfl

Foamy the squirrel
09-27-2012, 02:52 PM
.... haha any one want a facehle :P oly does the same

Nemehoto
09-27-2012, 04:40 PM
My two kiddos are fascinated with my watch. They chew on it and try to pull it off. I have taken it off a couple of times and they jump to the bed and proceed to chew on it there. I think they just like the taste or texture of it. (it is a rubber waterproof band)

Margie
09-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Be careful if they have stones. Stormy Lee neatly nipped off a small diamond from from of my rings, and I never found it.

daniellenc
09-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I had to take my rings and bracelets off cause uh sometimes they miss and it kinda hurts, lol

Equinox Rain
09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
My Hazel goes a little crazy if I leave my watch on. She tugs and chews on it. and when I take it off she grooms my wrist until I am once again up to her high standards.

Squirrel Girls Mom
09-28-2012, 05:16 PM
It is foreign - not supposed to be there, so he is grooming it away for you. They are helpful that way and will do the same to scabs, moles, birthmarks and other things you may prefer not be surgically excised by squirrel teeth. And OMG Bandaids!!

Welcome to Squirrel World!

OMG, yes, Bandaids!! Now that's a good way to get pinched by those little razor teeth; when they try to rid you of a bandaid. :rotfl

weedot
09-30-2012, 01:04 AM
lol i get a least 1 or 2 hand facials a day. funny thing when he goes for the webbins between my fingers LOl that feels sooo wierd