PDA

View Full Version : Just a "heads up"...

tlh9297
09-26-2012, 07:44 PM
I am going to be allowing Rocky to become a cage-mate, so we can work on a soft release with him. (sniff, sniff) He is getting so big and is so active... I know he will be happy with a friend....

That being said, I am just putting it out there that I am available for anyone who might need someone to help foster little ones. I cannot stand having a "empty nest"!!!

I am in the Orlando area. Not new to being a squirrel mommy, so no fear there. I use HHB and FV, so no worries there either! (I know to stay away from the "bad" formulas out there....for squirrels anyway) ;)

Anyway, just letting you all know I am here and willing to help! ;)

Teri

Rhapsody
09-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Are you going to be over wintering your little guy or are you looking to place him in a release cage with in the next 30 days?

tlh9297
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Are you going to be over wintering your little guy or are you looking to place him in a release cage with in the next 30 days?

LaurenM had posted that she would like her singleton to have a cage buddy, which I thought would be good for Rocky and good for working toward their release; however, I am very protective and concerned and want to make sure things are done right for my little guy.... you know how that goes?!?! LOL

How much overwintering needs to be done here in Florida since we do not get snow and all? I do have a large cage that is about 5'5"x3x3 or so that would give him some good running room if I needed to hold onto him longer. My last babies were NR, so I did not have to worry about overwintering and all....

djarenspace9
09-26-2012, 08:51 PM
HOW MANY DO YOU WANT? :rotfl
I more babies than I have any business having. :D
Of course you will be subject to an interrogation and pop quiz before I will hand over any babies,
and you will be required to provide weekly status reports, but other than that I'd be pretty easy to work with. :thumbsup

Saverywood
09-27-2012, 05:47 AM
:rotfl :goodpost

island rehabber
09-27-2012, 06:59 AM
:jump:jump

You realize, of course, that you guys who talk about 'overwintering' in FLORIDA sound really really cute and, like, kinda silly to those of us up here.....right? :poke:D:poke just sayin':rofl4

Anne
09-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Go ahead and poke fun at us, we are wearing our big girl(boy) pants!:jump But our trees also lose their leaves here in winter. Bonus-can go out and count dreys all over the neighborhood and check on our releases.

tlh9297
09-27-2012, 03:22 PM
HOW MANY DO YOU WANT? :rotfl

WELLLLL.... LOL..... Since I am so anti-empty nest.... I could definitely help you out with a couple babies..... ;) Hubby and I have found our babies to be the BEST therapy known to man! ;) Let me know if you really want help! :D

Anne - Thanks for sticking up for us Florida people. Our one to two days of Florida "winter" can be brutal...LOL

Teri

island rehabber
09-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Our one to two days of Florida "winter" can be brutal...LOL

Teri

Of course it can, Teri. :D

Milo's Mom
09-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Thank you IR. Trees in Florida loose leaves too...I'd take leaf loss over this any day!

sorry about the thread jack...my bad