PDA

View Full Version : Im a new member in TSB.

luck loklak
09-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Hi, every one. my name is Effandi Ahmad from Malaysia. I registered in this forum after i'm frustrated when my 2 of 3 baby squirrel ( Tupaia Minor ) dead cause by mishandling care by my sister, ooouuuccchh!!! feed when the baby cold...

luck loklak
09-24-2012, 12:32 AM
hopefully, all senior member can give a guide and advice to take care my last baby to keep survive... because in my country, Malaysia, there is not to much information to gather how to take care of this squirrel.

Saverywood
09-24-2012, 05:39 AM
:Welcome Glad you are here. Don't be too hard on your sister; she was just trying to help by feeding a helpless little critter. Sometimes that is the first instinct for lots of finders...but again glad you are here. (Rest in peace little babies). You are in the right place for all your questions. First thing is warm, dark, quite & safe. Small box, t-shirts, quiet room away from pets, source of heat (heat pad or rice buddy). Did you see the post on emergency care? Are eyes open or closed? Do have a means to weigh the baby? Pictures of your baby, please! :) Next is hydration; clear, warm, fluid in very small amounts. Do you have a 1 ml syringe? There is a recipe for homemade "pedialyte" did you find that? As for formula; can you find goat's milk? Can you give us an update, please?

island rehabber
09-24-2012, 06:30 AM
OK luck, you are now fully registered so you can post pictures, send and receive private messages, and access all parts of the Board. Please read our Emergency Care for baby squirrels and if you can, post a photo of the baby. Sometimes pictures tell us far more than words. :):):)

Anne
09-24-2012, 06:50 AM
:Welcome Luck Loklak, so happy you found your way here to us. Sorry you lost a little one but you are now where we can help you save your baby squirrel and watch it grow big and strong. We are happy to answer all your questions and to give you good and trusted information. Read the section on baby squirrels, that will tell you how to start caring for your baby.
Keep the baby warm.
Start the safe warm liquid, de-hydration recipe in baby squirrel section.
Feed often, schedule also in baby squirrel section.
Weigh baby, so baby gets the correct amount to eat.
We will do our best to help you find what you need in Malaysia.