PDA

View Full Version : Need a Rehabber or babysitter

4squirrels
09-12-2012, 04:07 AM
I found 4 baby boy grey squirrels the Tuesday b4 Labor Day (eyes were closed). They are doing great, thanks to the squirrel board info found and I'm guessing they are 6 to 7 weeks old now. We successfully raised a single boy and released to the wild several years ago (came back to visit for 2 yrs). Now I have these 4 (momma was killed by a kitty), which is going great...but I have a dilemma. I have a vacation coming up 9/20 to 9/25 and haven't been able to find a babysitter. I don't have a licensed rehabber in my county and I would prefer someone to just take care of them and give them back to me anyway...so I'm afraid to call anyone in neighboring county rehabbers as I may never see my babies again :( Plus this is kind of silly, but I'm afraid that the rehabber won't feed Fox Valley food! :) How do I find just a caring person in my area to babysit? Any suggestions?

sadie7684
09-12-2012, 05:33 AM
I can't help with the babysitting...just wanted to say they are adorable!! :Love_Icon Good luck finding a sitter and have a great vacation!!

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Where are you located? It's hard to find a babysitter if we don't know where you are. PM if you don't want to disclose your state and county.

Jackie in Tampa
09-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Where are you located? It's hard to find a babysitter if we don't know where you are. PM if you don't want to disclose your state and county.Yeah that!:D
where are you?
I'll Babysit if you PROMISE to come get them..:poke

4squirrels
09-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks Jackie in Tampa...would love to have an excuse to go to Tampa, but that wouldn't help me out with my babysitting problem :) I PM'd another member...not sure I should disclose for everyone to see where I live.

Jackie in Tampa
09-12-2012, 07:20 AM
yeah, never give your addy...
just a basic location, county and state.
TSB has many safe members..:thumbsup

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Got the location and I'm not sure of anyone in the area :(.

nsquirrel
09-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I live in newton county Indiana is that close?

CrazySquirrelLady
09-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm in west KY... but they are so cute, I don't know if I would give them back... Mwahahahahahahahahah

CSL

4squirrels
09-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Found a sitter! We are involved in scouting and one of our scout mom's is taking them in while we are on vacation. I am sooooo excited and feel very confident of her doing great with them. :banana Also found someone who does wild animal rehab (not licensed, but has raised baby raccoons, squirrels and even a monkey) nearby as a backup. Found her through friend of a friend on Facebook...sometimes it helps to network!

sid'smommy
09-17-2012, 03:22 AM
I live in Jasper County, Indiana... I can keep them for you. I currently have a lone 7-8 week old that Im looking for her a "buddy". She came to me a little older, but I still worry about her going out there all alone :( I think she is getting used to the belly rubs after eating :) My baby gets fox valley as well....Please let me know if I can help!