PDA

View Full Version : Biff is being vocal... is that normal?

Nemehoto
09-10-2012, 10:35 PM
My little boy is about 6 1/2 weeks now and he has been quite vocal. Not squeaks, or anything that sounds like he is in discomfort. But he has a couple of noises he does specially when he is out side the cage and either climbing on me or walking around. He still totters around but is a very fast climber even with those very long legs and massive feet.

The first one he makes very often is like purrr-upt sound that is soft.
and the other is like grunting sound... like of grrum grrum...

Are these normal?

He barked for the first time two days ago and I nearly died laughing at him. He was defending Mt Creaky Knee from his sister. I was feeding her on the opposite knee when he stomped his front feet on my leg and barked about three times, lunging in a different direction each time, like he was claiming my knee as his. Then he promptly peed and pooped on my knee then burrowed in my shirt sleeve for a nap.

Whiskers is not nearly as vocal are her brother... she does the purr-upt sound a little too although not as often but she doesn't grunt.

Could the grunting be a male thing?

Just trying to find out if they are developing right.

kastillo
09-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Mine makes these noises too! I was wondering what they mean?

weedot
09-11-2012, 12:15 AM
My 8 week male Moose , grunts, squeaky (started that yesterday) that's a loud one, puffs and chatters
Not sure if all is normal but, if i listen out side they all do it too, so maybe it is, just now you hearing it one on one.

But i'm a 1st time caregiver so what do i know lol