PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lake Oconee, Georgia

White Oak Plantation
09-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Four years ago my wife and I bought a home deep in the woods and surrounded by the Oconee National Forest. On the day we moved in, we saw many deer, grey squirrels, song birds and a white furry creature high in one of our white oak trees. Of course our bino's were packed away for the move and a mad rush was made to locate that box so the mysterious creature could be identified. It was a white squirrel. The previous owner of the home had never seen her and we have seen no other in the area. We have named her Blanche and she is part of the family. Her behavior is quite different from the greys as she actually enjoys tormenting our toy poodle and min pin. She has several nests close to the house and last summer, after mating with a grey, presented us with two blonde pups. Blance is suffering from bot fly warbles and while searching for info for treatment, I found this site. We would enjoy hearing from others who enjoy the company of a white squirrel with their coffee in the morning.

SammysMom
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
:grouphug :Welcome :grouphug

CrazySquirrelLady
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
My squirrel General Jackson was white when he was little, but turned regular color as he grew up. Wonder why.

By the way,
WELCOME

CSL/Kentucky