PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Boost Question??

daniellenc
09-06-2012, 12:19 PM
My ultra boost came in today for little Niko who is topping the scale at 180 grams at approx. 7 weeks. Miranda his big sister is 212 grams and probably doesn't exactly need a huge fat boost, but maybe I am wrong- is this normal weight or is she a bit small for her age?

I had planned on only feeding him the boosted formula and just marking their containers so I knew who's formula was who's, but then it occurred to me maybe she does need an extra push. Any opinions before I mix this awesome smelling stuff up??

PS- It smells so good I am tempted to try it myself:D .....seriously!!

Oh and to double check I am currently mixing 4 tablespoons of FV to 8 tablespoons of water. I would now do 3 tablespoons FV, 1 tablespoon ultraboost, and 8 tablespoons of water right??

Milo's Mom
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
When I used it, to keep my life simple and to try to save my last shred of sanity, I just gave it to all of them.

I cannot remember what the directions on the package said related to mixing it and I have no memories of doing it. If you type word for word the directions on the package I'll tell you if I agree with what you just said about mixing it. It sounds right, but without seeing the words on the package I cannot be certain.

daniellenc
09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Directions: Mix 3/4 part formula to 1/4 part ultraboost, equals one full part. Add 2 parts warm water (not to exceed 1/2 formula to 1/2 ultraboost). Shake well. Use within 24 hours.

So to a sleepy squirrel mom I am taking this is just replace a tablespoon of formula with a tablespoon of the ultraboost and use the same amount of water so it is still 2 parts water to 1 part formula?

island rehabber
09-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh and to double check I am currently mixing 4 tablespoons of FV to 8 tablespoons of water. I would now do 3 tablespoons FV, 1 tablespoon ultraboost, and 8 tablespoons of water right??

You've got it right :thumbsup
Yes I would give it to both. Unless a baby is seriously at risk for obesity I wouldn't worry -- the Ultra Boost truly makes for some beautiful babies. :)

Milo's Mom
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes, you have it right and that is what I did. (but IR already confirmed that :D)

daniellenc
09-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Sweet thank you both!!