PDA

View Full Version : Safe Squirrel Toys??

daniellenc
09-03-2012, 06:36 PM
The tiny terrors are sleeping less and playing more. I have begun letting them play after each meal for 15-30 minutes outside of their cage with me and the kids. However, I would like some interactive toys and things I can put in their cage with them and I am stumped on what is safe. I just cut off a maple branch and put it in with them to chew on cause those teeth definitely want to gnaw, but what else do squirrely babies do between meals?

Mandy11
09-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I would like to know the answer to this too...:wave123

ZonaB
09-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm with you guys!!
:poke :wave123

Carlala
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
hang and climb and hop and wrestle my baby loves to play with stuffed animals about the size she is maybe a little bigger or smaller. she likes to climb all over so I made her a swing set squirrel sized. =)

pappy1264
09-03-2012, 09:24 PM
stuffies (hedgehogs seem to be very popular, but I just got a rat from Ikea...OMG, my babies LOVE IT!!!) I also give them paper towel rolls, they love them. I also give them the plastic baby keys, they love to pick them up and carry (or try to carry them) all over. My guys when they get a little bigger also love tennis balls (found this out by accident, but they all seem to love them, at least mine do!)

daniellenc
09-04-2012, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the idea I must say my oak branch is a hit though it made me a bit misty eyed, lol They ran, and chewed, and wrestled all over it then went to sleep under it's leaves and I couldn't help but get a little sad seeing them so happy in the trees even though the tree was in their cage. I will have to swap it out for some rolls and baby keys to give them some different things to play with. When I order their indoor cage I plan on getting them a boa and some other ferret like toys too:)

ZonaB
09-04-2012, 11:57 AM
What is the best type of branch?
What is the best matierial with which to suspend the branch?
I don't want to take any chances on those little teeth!!
:D