PDA

View Full Version : formula question help

nutz4nuts
08-25-2012, 06:40 PM
:wave123 hello all im stacy... heres my question...i bought the liquid esbilac formula small can. the pet store didnt have the powdered kind only the weaning powder. can i use the small can of esbilac for now until the petshop recieves the order of powdered formula?
do i dilute it to introduce to the squirrel?
ive been hydrating for 24 hours and he's become extremely active now... i have no pets only a husband who can bea pet at times =) and an 11 month old son who hasnt even seen our baby arrival at all
:thankyou

Milo's Mom
08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
It would be much better for you to feed the little one Goat's Milk formula versus the Esbilac.

Here is the recipe.

Goats Milk Formula

3 parts goat’s milk
1 part heavy whipping cream*
1 part vanilla yogurt

Formula will last 48 hours in refrigerator.

For the first few feedings do not add whipping cream

Rhapsody
08-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Please order Fox Valley powder formula to feed them with,
(but use the goats mil recipe until it arrives.)

Link:
http://www.henryspets.com/formulas/

nutz4nuts
08-25-2012, 07:57 PM
ok so take back the puppy milk and get goats milk. do i have to get the yogurt as well or can i give the goats milk diluted with spring water? and what exactly is whipping cream. is it stated on the cartons thats its for whipping or is it buttermilk cream?mjs

Rhapsody
08-25-2012, 08:14 PM
*Homemade Recipe - until FV arrives

1 cup Goats Milk * (if can - dilute)
1/3 cup Full Fat Vanilla Yogurt
1/3 cup Heavy Cream (frig section)

(lasts 72 hours in frig)

nutz4nuts
08-25-2012, 08:41 PM
oh ok so thats what the whipping cream is.. heavy cream. ok my husband is ordering the formula and it states it takes a day so we're going to do the goats milk formula... this little guy is so active.:jump compared to the first day we had him... i guess the rehydration worked well.im glad.