PDA

View Full Version : How ofen to feed

sadie7684
08-24-2012, 07:45 AM
After reading through many posts concerning how often to feed, I thought I would ask myself. My babies are about 6 weeks old now and their eyes are open. I have been feeding them every 4 hours from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m.. Is it safe for them to be feed at longer intervals now? And if so, how much time do you recommend?

Thank you again for all your help, I have learned so much from this board! :jump

daniellenc
08-24-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm new myself but how much do they weigh and how much are you feeding every 4 hours?? I am sure with that info someone can help fine tune your schedule. You can also start to introduce rodent block since their transition to solids is fast approaching:)

pappy1264
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes, you can move the time up in half hour intervals. What do they weigh? Do you have block in with them? If not, you should, they will nibble on that. How much are they eating per feeding? And what are you feeding?

sadie7684
08-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Guess I left a bit out of my post! :(

Anyway, the babies weigh 162 and 170 grams. They are eating 10 cc's of FV every 4 hours.

They started nibbling on blocks over the past week and seem to really like them! :)