PDA

View Full Version : Whipping Cream help!!

newsquirrelmommy
08-23-2012, 07:30 PM
right now my little guy is weaning from esbilac to fv starting this morning with yogurt added. is the yogurt supposed to be just for probiotics or does it help with weight also? i just weighed him and he's 62 grams. he's been fluctuating between 60 & 66 grams this past week. is that normal? and the only cream i can find by me is just "heavy cream" but it says its made with milk and i thought you cannot give cows milk to a squirrel?? i cant find anything that says "whipping cream". maybe im just overworrying but he seems fine because today he was so active he was like a hopping bunny. he's 4 weeks eyes closed.

Milo's Mom
08-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes, the heavy cream is also called whipping cream...it's the same stuff...as long as it does NOT say "whipped cream". The yogurt is for their belly's and also it adds some fat.

Why are you adding yogurt to the FV? Did someone tell you to do that? You do not need to add anything to the FV powder other than water.

Rhapsody
08-24-2012, 12:31 AM
True - yogurt is not needed in the FV mixture unless you are having trouble with your baby drinking the mixture , not gaining weight or you are trying to get them to drink the formula a little longer....... I basically use vanilla yogurt in the fv mix when they turn 4 weeks old to help with their digestive tract.

jbtartell
08-24-2012, 04:13 AM
I add it to mine.yogurt and heavy whipping cream. I had to when I had a baby with diarea and needed some extra fat.. Analiese done well with plain FV but when I had to add to it I just gave her the added stuff too soo I did not have to mixx two different formulas..lol so I kept her on it after the other baby went to a new home and was healthy I might add, lol because she was use to it and it did not hurt her.. lol she likes it.. it is not necacery but they like it and it does help to have some extral fat I think..:D

Milo's Mom
08-24-2012, 05:24 AM
If you feel the baby needs some extra weight...FV makes a product called Ultra Boost, which is made specifically to be mixed with the FV formula. That is the ONLY thing I have ever added to FV other than water.

Heavy cream often causes some poop problems, which is why we advise to NOT add it to the GM formula in the beginning.

And, I believe that it is easier to transition to a single thing that something that has all kinds of stuff added to it.

Get on the FV first, then if necessary add Ultra Boost.

island rehabber
08-24-2012, 06:53 AM
FV with the Ultra Boost added, as directed, is an excellent formula for baby squirrels before their eyes open. I agree with Milo'sMom, I would not add anything else to the FV. It is specially formulated for squirrels, and if it ain't broke, I don't fix it. :D