PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jacksonsfarm
08-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello!
A friend of mine found a baby squirrel 9 days ago and brought him to me. I have taken him to our vet a few times for check ups and so far so good. he is eating well and very energetic.
I have so many questions and wanted to introduce myself,,and Spunk:)
I have learned so much already from all of your info but have much more to learn!
thanks in advance for all of your help!!
Sonia

Jackie in Tampa
08-22-2012, 06:29 PM
:Welcome :wave123

Squirrel Girls Mom
08-22-2012, 06:33 PM
You've come to the right place to get all your questions answered. :thumbsup

Welcome to TSB. :wave123

jacksonsfarm
08-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Thank you!
Ok,,first question,,I have been using the Esbilac Goats Milk formula in the can. I read about the recommended formula and will order in am but how to I switch? Is it like a dog where I mix and change slowly? His stools are a mushy orange right now,,

Squirrel Girls Mom
08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
I found something posted by one of our experts today so I'll just copy it for you. The person she was talking to was using GM formula.

"When the FV arrives you will want to mix it according to directions on the package in one container.
Also, mix up the GM formula per instructions (like you currently are doing) in another container. Then for a full days worth of feedings over the course of the next 3-5 days you will do the transition as follows:

Day 1 - 75% GM to 25% FV
Day 2 - 50% GM to 50% FV
Day 3 - 25% GM to 75% FV
Day 4 - 100% FV

If her poops get weird on you during this process, you'll want to stay at the current days transition percentages for another day to allow her belly to settle down and get used to the new formula. Once she is on 100% FV you can spread out the feedings a little cause like others have said it takes longer for them to digest the FV."

jacksonsfarm
08-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Great!! Thank you!