PDA

View Full Version : Re: Baby Douglas Squirrel Pics

Rebelet
02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I do not know if you can help me or not. I am very new to this and need help. At one AM I found baby flying squrile and it let me catch it and feed it. Then it jumped on to my back then into my hair then onto the counter, from there to the floor and off it went. I hear them up in the attic. They come out to eat my dog's food. I do not want to hurt them and this is the first I have ever seen any in Greenvile South Carolin. This is no Joke. How can I remove them and protect them at the same time? Can you point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time Rebelet

Gabe
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Are you trying to get them out of your attic and relocated?

Somebody's Mother
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
hello fellow upstate resident! are you sure the little guy is a baby? flying squirrels only grow to the size of a gerbil with a feathery tail.
if it were a regular squirrel i would suggest the humane traps they sell at lowes but the flyers are so quick it may get crushed by the door swinging shut and it turning and trying to escape.
if you could put like a nestbox in the attic they may move in and then you could relocate the whole thing in the spring. right now it is a bit cold to remove them from your home.
i contacted a rehabber from this board that lives in the upstate also and gave her the link to your thread. hopefully she will have some suggestions.

elizalalala
02-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Hello, I live in your area and would be willing to help you relocate the squirrels if that is what is needed. When you say the baby let you feed it, what happened? Did it let you hold it? What did you feed it? What size is the baby and is it now in the attic with the other squirrels?

Sounds like a pretty big surprise for you and your dog!