PDA

View Full Version : Indiana wildlife rehab license

nsquirrel
08-09-2012, 11:41 AM
How hard is it to pass the test? what are the requirements? How old do you have to be?

Thumper33
08-17-2012, 01:46 PM
If you find out any info let me know. Do you have a squirrel? I have a 5 week old that I wouldn't mind finding a brother or sister for. I'm not sure if I asked the state wildlife place if they'd laugh at me or what.

nsquirrel
08-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I would love to take your baby.as sibling to nutterbutter(i live on 80 acres of wooded land) but I have a feeling you don't want to give him up:)

sid'smommy
09-17-2012, 03:42 AM
They would probably laugh at you... its hard to get help in this area. I called the numbers to 6 rehabbers on DNR's list... left detailed messages, but not one return call! DNR says to go set them in the woods. yeah right! not happening! I live in a subdivision in town... had a newborn baby deer in my backyard last summer. (other than trees in yards, the closest wooded area is 2 blocks away) Anyway, my dogs were barking at it so I went out to see what it was. She was still so wobbly :( I must of startled her, and she jumped into the fence, catching her leg. She hung upside down screaming. I called DNR- they said just leave it. They heard her cries and still said that! I hung up and freed her myself. She layed in shock for a few minutes while I comforted her... As soon as I seen she had no injuries, I opened the gate, and she wobbled down the road. .. towards the woods :) Hopefully, she found her mom. Thankfully, mom didnt see me helping her!