PDA

View Full Version : Rodent Block

nsquirrel
08-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I've read that at about 4 weeks you are supposed to start sticking rodent block in their cage so they can get used to the smell. What do you think?

Milo's Mom
08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
I've read that at about 4 weeks you are supposed to start sticking rodent block in their cage so they can get used to the smell. What do you think?

ABSOLUTELY!

Order yourself some of the Henry's Healthy Blocks (Growth Formula) and get the baby started on LOVING them!!

Here's the link: http://www.henryspets.com/squirrel-blocks-growth-formula/

sadie7684
08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I was wondering this too! My babies are also about 4 weeks old. Only their bottom teeth have poked through, should I start them on the blocks as well?

nsquirrel
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Nutter is about 3 1/2-4 weeks.m I'm going to petsmart to get some monday! I've heard you are supposed to get the one for rats and mice is this right?

Milo's Mom
08-09-2012, 11:29 AM
If you'd like to spend LOTS of money on block that is not specifically made for squirrels...sure go to PetSmart. They also stink...and I am referring to the odor of the block...they smell awful.

As far as I am concerned, the BEST block is Henry's and I gave you the link to the website in my previous response.

EDIT: I've tried many many kinds of "commercial blocks" and NONE of them were liked by all and in some cases none liked them. They ALL loved and readily ate HHB's. I've tried Zupreme, Kaytee, & Mazuri. At one point I had bags of each in the house and only certain babies ate certain blocks...too much work if you ask me. 2 Henry's blocks a day per squirrel, plus fresh veggies is SO much easier (and cheaper).