PDA

View Full Version : What can be used for diarrhea

Sweet Simon's Mommy
08-05-2012, 03:50 PM
There seems to be a lot of runny babies out there so I wanted to start a thread for anyone who is having trouble with runny babies

Who has used Rice water for their baby squirrels diarrhea??
I know it works for puppies and also baby rice cereal. Just one thought I had.
Please all remedies are welcome.
I know there are a lot of different reasons for being runny but what ever the reason , you will want it to stop.

Legomom
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
I add acidophilus to baby's formula. Especially if they are getting antibiotics, but often even if they're not. It helps replace the good gut bacteria.

Jess147
08-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I have a runny baby as well. I'm pretty are it is because I started her on esbilac but not to worry, I am switching to Fox Valley but it won't be in for a few days. Should I wait and see if switching formula helps or treat now?

sadie7684
08-06-2012, 04:54 PM
My babies poop was a bit runny, I switched from Esbilac to FV and within a day in was normal.

Milo's Mom
08-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Henry's has an excellent product called Dia-Stat. It's made specifically to "gel" up runny poops. I have not ever used it myself, but the reviews are awesome.

The only thing that I would caution is to make sure you are also working towards finding out WHY the poops are runny and not just make them go away. Figure out what is causing the issue, don't just mask it.