PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for Fl Rehabbers.

ConkerChild
07-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I've finally got a break from school so I'm getting off my butt and getting my wildlife rehab license! (And hopefully getting back into raising and releasing squirrels. :Love_Icon) I'm planning on requesting the study packet today, my only issue is I have no idea which of the many numbers on the FWC website to call for it. Sorry for the bother, but I figured I'd try asking before I call in case there is a certain number to call. :3 I did try going through the pages for getting the license looking for it, but I did not end up anywhere that sounded like the number I should call. It's too early in the morning for me. :D

This is where I'm looking:

http://myfwc.com/contact/staff-contacts/

Jackie in Tampa
07-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I've finally got a break from school so I'm getting off my butt and getting my wildlife rehab license! (And hopefully getting back into raising and releasing squirrels. :Love_Icon) I'm planning on requesting the study packet today, my only issue is I have no idea which of the many numbers on the FWC website to call for it. Sorry for the bother, but I figured I'd try asking before I call in case there is a certain number to call. :3 I did try going through the pages for getting the license looking for it, but I did not end up anywhere that sounded like the number I should call. It's too early in the morning for me. :D

This is where I'm looking:

http://myfwc.com/contact/staff-contacts/
call Earnestdine in Tallahassee, she will tell you where the test is given in your area...it's free.
She will also send you the study packet..
good luck!!!

ConkerChild
07-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I DID EET! Study packet is order! Thanks Jackie. :D

Jackie in Tampa
07-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I DID EET! Study packet is order! Thanks Jackie. :D nnot sure where you are, but if you are close by...come over and I can help you with what the state will want as far as cage requirements etc...
In florida TSB has alot of member/rehabbers...sure any one of them would help out!:multi
so you can be PRE REady!!
I can help with medicine dosing etc...
I am not a pro but have been around SQS ONLY for ten years..
love to help if I can.:)
Yay! good for you:alright.gif :bowdown

ConkerChild
07-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you so much! I'll definitely let you know if I run into any more questions. :jump

ConkerChild
07-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Study guide came today! Whoo whoo! :alright.gif

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-19-2012, 01:50 PM
:thumbsup

Mochi&Mocha
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm really interested in getting my license as well... I've been doing what I can over the years with the little ones my family/friends find in need but it would be nice to get a license :D.

ConkerChild
07-23-2012, 05:39 PM
The test section doesn't look too difficult, most of the questions have common sense answers. And calling FWC for the study guide was definitely easy peasy. ;D

Mochi&Mocha
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM
The test section doesn't look too difficult, most of the questions have common sense answers. And calling FWC for the study guide was definitely easy peasy. ;D

That's good!

Anne
07-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Study those bird facts! Lots of bird questions on the test----I don't like birds.tinfoil It's a long story.:jump

island rehabber
07-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Study those bird facts! Lots of bird questions on the test--

Yes, our NY exam is the same way -- Bird-centric -- and the one question I blew was an avian question. Get your accipitriforms all figured out...:D

ConkerChild
07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm definitely not a bird person either, if anything it's the bird questions I'll have to study. :tilt