PDA

View Full Version : FACEBOOK QUESTION

Jackie in Tampa
07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
My kids have posted a movie on facebook..
i want to share it with you, how do I get it here?
I did something and it said sent to my time line..what is a timeline and where is it?
ty sigh*...so lost in this techie world..

stepnstone
07-13-2012, 03:10 PM
I did something and it said sent to my time line..what is a timeline and where is it?

I don't know how you'd do that either but time line is just the new facebook format.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-13-2012, 03:11 PM
just copy the web page, like this page is this

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=772974

Jackie in Tampa
07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
help me laurie...
it is a video that the boys I raised took..
it's just a viseo...
when I click on it , nothing happens, it will nopt give me a copy paste option..
It's a cool video..:thumbsup
a little bit of cussing..but it's cool.
how can I get it here..
when it's over it has a screen that asks if I want to share, play again..
I hit share and it said it's on my timeline..?????
wtf is a time line:thinking

Jackie in Tampa
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
no wonder my PC is slow,
I am on super slow face book and Youtube listening to my channel and here too...
I can hear my boys video and a great song while I type ...it's great..
but slow:D

IrishHarps
07-13-2012, 03:22 PM
It asked you if you wanted to share, and basically that means it shows up on your facebook page. It means "do you want to share to facebook?" Not "do you want to share to another website?" Your timeline is basically your news feed. It means if your friends visit your page, they can see that you recommended that video and they'll be able to watch it too.

Depending on their privacy settings, you may not be able to share the video with people who aren't your friends (or your son's friends) on facebook.

This is why I share videos that I want to be public on YouTube :) It's way easier. Can you get the video file from your son and upload it to YouTube?

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I cant see it Jackie, only see the doggie abuse thing

Jackie in Tampa
07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
okay..thank you..I will; have them email it to me..I am not savy
thanks..
it;s really good...they are catching a big shark..
so big, they pulll out the shotgun...no they did not shooot it, we are fisherman..we know what can happen..they were just ready in case..
it's a great video and a big tiger shark...they free'd him of course.
lots of cussing...it's a guy gets excited thing:D

Jackie in Tampa
07-13-2012, 03:34 PM
I got it..it's on you tube...

IrishHarps
07-13-2012, 03:36 PM
No problem! Facebook is a little tricky and it's only good for sharing stuff with people you already 'friended' on Facebook. It's not very open but then again that is good if you are trying to keep your pictures and videos private.

The shark video sounds neat. I have some good clips of the last time I was out at the Carolinas, a bunch of sharks circling around the pier. Neat looking and just a bit scary too!

IrishHarps
07-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Ok if you copy and paste the youtube link we should all be able to see it now (you can copy it directly out of your browser toolbar)

Sweet Simon's Mommy
07-13-2012, 03:38 PM
is it this??
https://www.causes.com/causes/533852-turn-facebook-purple-for-1-week-to-raise-awareness-against-animal-abuse/actions/1663877?recruiter_id=181705151&utm_campaign=invite&utm_medium=wall&utm_source=fb

Jackie in Tampa
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I started a new thread..off topics...thank you :D :thumbsup