PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

jasont5108
07-07-2012, 11:04 AM
We were looking for a place that sells baby squirrels in florida. It is legal to own here and we were proud parents until recently ours passed. We really are upset and don't know where to look to purchase another. Can someone give advice? Thank you p/m/ or email etc or text 772-631-1339mjs

Jackie in Tampa
07-07-2012, 11:20 AM
:Welcome
:wave123 Hi jason5108!
I am also in Florida...where are you?:poke
Sorry to hear your sweetie passed away, do you have any pics you can share of your squirrel? We love pics!

I do not know any breeders in Florida, however I have heard Helen's Critters in Texas sells flyers!
You are talking about flying squirrels, right?
It is illegal to sell wildlife in the state of florida other than flyers to the best of my knowledge. I know it is against the law to sell grey sqs without a USDA permit and license..and I don't know anyone that does.
They really do not make great pets anyway, most get tempermental and instinctually wild as they mature...
they bite!, LOL.

Glad you found TSB! I hope someone can help you:thumbsup

jasont5108
01-02-2013, 02:23 PM
:Welcome
:wave123 Hi jason5108!
I am also in Florida...where are you?:poke
Sorry to hear your sweetie passed away, do you have any pics you can share of your squirrel? We love pics!

I do not know any breeders in Florida, however I have heard Helen's Critters in Texas sells flyers!
You are talking about flying squirrels, right?
It is illegal to sell wildlife in the state of florida other than flyers to the best of my knowledge. I know it is against the law to sell grey sqs without a USDA permit and license..and I don't know anyone that does.
They really do not make great pets anyway, most get tempermental and instinctually wild as they mature...
they bite!, LOL.

Glad you found TSB! I hope someone can help you:thumbsup

they were grey squirels not flyers. I found years ago. Its ok. were moved on now i guess. :( they never bit just cuddled and scurried around house. Loved hiding under couch lol up in kitchen cabinets

farrelli
01-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Can you tell us exactly what you fed her? We'd want to know how you cared for her before we help. There's another thread exactly like this one going on now and you can see there why we're concerned.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38603