PDA

View Full Version : Would like help obtaining Rehabbers License in Oregon

SquirrelyLane
01-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Hello everyone! I am interested in obtaining my Wildlife Rehabilitators license, or just knowing how to go about getting it. I dont know anything, where to get it or the requirments, i keep researching but i cant seem to find much about it in oregon, perhaps someone knows? or has connections?

Thank you!

island rehabber
01-28-2007, 06:00 AM
This link should get you started:

http://licenseinfo.oregon.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=license_seng&link_item_id=14358

You can also search this site or even Google for other licensed rehabbers in Oregon, call them (or email) and pick their brains. It looks as if you need to pass an exam, like we do here in NY, so the sooner you send away for the test materials, the sooner you can get studying. Hurry! We need you out here in rehabber's land!! (Seriously, so glad you're thinking of becoming a rehabber.) :) :wave123

Mars
01-28-2007, 09:59 AM
If you need help studying or have any questions give a shout. We will gladly help you get started.:Welcome :wave123

SquirrelyLane
01-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Thank you so much for the Info! I will call them tomorrow, and get the materials. im so excited, Im just worried about being in an apartment, although you said you rehab from an apartment right?
Hopefully its ok to rehab from an apartment in oregon here, THANk you guys so much!

island rehabber
01-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Thank you so much for the Info! I will call them tomorrow, and get the materials. im so excited, Im just worried about being in an apartment, although you said you rehab from an apartment right?
Hopefully its ok to rehab from an apartment in oregon here, THANk you guys so much!

The thing is to assure them you are starting small, while you are in an apartment. If they underestand you will only rehab baby squirrels and bunnies, for example, they don't get upset. If they think you will be taking in fawns, raccoons and Canada geese, that's a whole other story! So just be clear with them that you understand the limitations. I personally do not take in more than six squirrels per season. That makes me a micro-rehabber, by some standards. :D

Mars
01-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Another fasinating critter that can be rehabbed in an apartment are turtles. Hatching and Raising babies is a lot of work but relatively compact. Shell repair is challenging but I can hook you up with a mentor or two who are the BEST! if you are interested.

SquirrelyLane
01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Another fasinating critter that can be rehabbed in an apartment are turtles. Hatching and Raising babies is a lot of work but relatively compact. Shell repair is challenging but I can hook you up with a mentor or two who are the BEST! if you are interested.

Thank you, that sounds very interesting. I would love to contact the mentors!
Thank you so much!